Chapter 12: New Suspicions

Back to school..
Monday

The trip was over.
No one decided to mention what happened on the trip to anyone. The last day of the trip was adventurous and fun, but then it was back to boring, old, reality back at school.

Taeyong was finally back at school after being completely disappearing for two weeks.

Him and Y/N had reconnected again.
She had tried texting him during the trip, but every time, there wasn't a response.
She started to worry if something had happened to him. No one doesn't show up to school for two weeks straight unless something important or bad happened.

"I missed you." Taeyong says in the classroom as the two started to talk.

"I'm still mad at you for not responding. I was worried. I thought something bad happened!" Y/N says and crosses her arms.

"Hey, I'm fine. Look! Everything's okay. Just out with a fever. I'm glad you thought about me, though." He says and smiles.

"Whatever." Y/N says and rolls her eyes.

"Are you mad, Y/N-ah?" Taeyong says and frowns.

"No. I'm not mad at you. But listen, I care about you, stop making me worried." She says calmly.

"Okay. I won't." Taeyong says.

"Listen..can we talk about..us?" He says out of the blue.

Y/N blushes and decidedly pretends to play dumb.
She avoids eye contact,
"W-What? Us? What about us?"

"So..you already know that I have feelings for you. Feelings that best friends aren't supposed to have for each other..and I really want to make you mine.." Taeyong says confidently.

Y/N was speechless. Taeyong always hinted his feelings towards her, but she simply brushed it off like it was nothing. She couldn't speak, and in her mind were only words of gibberish.

"Oh. Okay." She manages to stutter out.

"That's it? Oh, okay?" Taeyong asked disappointedly.

"Taeyong..I need time. This is so sudden. I mean..we haven't talked in two weeks." Y/N explains.

"I get that.. it's really out of the blue. I mean, my feelings were there the first time I laid my eyes on you..but take your time. I'll wait for you. Even though the other girls chase me, here I am, chasing you."

"Okay.. but just so you know. I take my time when deciding things, so I could take awhile to get back to you." Y/N warns.

"I don't care. I'll wait for you." He says and smiles solemnly.

And at that moment, all Y/N wanted to do was scream, "Yes! Yes! Of course I'll date you!", but she has to stop herself. Too much was at risk. She would need to talk to Jimin, and Jin and Nayeon. This wasn't an easy decision to make.

"Okay. So, what've you been up to?" Y/N asks, moving past the subject.
They continued to talk until class was over.

Little did Y/N know, her response would take over a month to get back to him..

August 30th, 2019
A month later..

Y/N had spent the whole month spending a lot of time with Taeyong. He would come over everyday and they would talk every second they get at school. Rumors were already speculating about the two of them being a couple.
Y/N had her answer. She was going to tell him today.
Today was the day when Park Y/N would get her first boyfriend.

She practiced it all night, and couldn't sleep because of her anxiousness.

Jin and Nayeon were very supportive. They both think Taeyong is attractive and kind, and that Y/N would be making a very good decision if she dates him.
Jimin on the other hand, was more iffy on the situation. He didn't dislike Taeyong, but he always told Y/N that something felt "off"about him. Y/N just thought that he was being too paranoid and overprotective. Yet he didn't stop her from dating him.