Chapter 19: Fake It 'til You Make It

Narrator Point of View

Y/N looks at Jungkook in curiosity.
"What is it?" She asks and waits patiently.

"Well.." Jungkook started.

"Well what?" Y/N asks.

"So there's this thing.." Jungkook says and rubs the back of his head.

"What thing?" Y/N asks, starting to get impatient.

Jungkook was trying to find a way around his words.

"For Christ's sake, just spit it out, Jungkook!" She commanded.

"Alright, Fine! Basically—I need you to come to a dinner party with me, and pretend to be my girlfriend."

Y/N stood there blank-faced.

"What?" She questioned.
"What do you mean?.."

"Be your girlfriend?" Y/N questions in confusion.

"Fake girlfriend. For just a few hours."

"Why do I have to do it?"

She couldn't comprehend why in the world Jungkook was asking her to fake being his girlfriend.
He could've chosen anyone else to do it.

"Look.." Jungkook started, but he then decided to lead Y/N into the bathroom nearby, and he closed the door behind them.

"I don't want anyone hearing this, but pretty much, tonight is a family dinner..on my dad's side. So my dad, stepmom, sister, older brother, and my sister-in-law will all be there. I need to show up with a date to the dinner so that my dad thinks I at least have a girlfriend. He needs to know that I'm at least achieving something in life." Jungkook says, half-annoyedly.

"But why me? You could've asked a prettier girl like Irene to do it. She would've impressed your father more." Y/N asks.

"Yeah, but she doesn't have my name on her left wrist, does she? I need you to do it. You're the only one who can. Plus, I'm closer with you." Jungkook explains.

"I don't think I can..It's so much pressure. Your family sounds really intimidating." Y/N says.

"They are, but c'mon, Y/N. I've saved your life 2 times..and counting! Do this one thing for me..please? And if anything bad happens, we'll leave."

Jungkook looked at Y/N desperately. His eyes glistened brightly, full of hope.

"You owe me." He begs desperately.
Y/N knew that after everything that Jungkook has done for her, she simply couldn't refuse.

"Okay..Fine." She started.

Jungkook slightly jumped up with glee and hugged Y/N tightly. His big arms wrapped around her small figure.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Y/N tensed and blushes with wide eyes. She stood there stiffly with Jungkook hugging her happily.

"Oh shit, my bad-."

Yoongi stood at the door way, holding the doorknob.
Jungkook quickly let go of Y/N and they both coughed nervously.

"Ohh I see what's going on here, I'll leave you kids to it." Yoongi says and starts to close the door.

"Wait, Wait. No! We're not-" Y/N started, but Yoongi was faster and shut the bathroom door.

Y/N turned around to look at a dumb founded Jungkook.

"You didn't lock the damn door?!"

"I forgot." He says bluntly.