Chapter 1

It was the early morning when an audible crash was heard just outside of Kaminari's room. A crash that woke Kaminari from his deep slumber. He jolted out of his bed, falling to the floor very clumsily. He was very disoriented and found himself wondering where he was. He sat up from his placement on the floor and rubbed his tired eyes.

  Eyes wandering around the room, he started to recall where he was when suddenly it clicked in his head. He was on the messy floor of his bedroom. His vision was blurry and distorted but he stood and made his way to what seemed to be a door. When he lazily grasped the handle and pushed the door open, he realized he found his closet, which was not the door he wanted to find. He groaned and threw his head backward in frustration. It was too early. He was too tired.

  He closed the door and began walking to the door on his right, which most likely was the correct door. He got to his destination on two feet and successfully pushed open the handle. The place on the other side of the now open door was the living room. He stepped out and took in his new surroundings slowly. Everything seemed to be normal but when he looked to his left, where the kitchen was, he was met with something that was new. It wasn't a good kind if new. It was the kind of new that would make the happiest of people feel down. Which it did.

  Kaminari took a wavering step, surprised by the feeling under his foot. He looked down curiously to see he stepped on the corpse of a freshly baked cookie. He bent down, cradling the dead cookie bits in his right hand before tossing them into the graveyard of useless items. The garbage can.

  He stepped again, being cautious of the other fallen soldiers on the floor. In the mess, he saw his roommate frantically picking up all the cookie bits his large hands could carry. Kaminari crouched next to his broad friend and began helping clean the cookies from the kitchen floor. By then the other person acknowledged Kaminari's presence. "Thank you, Kami. Sorry for waking you this early." His friend chuckled nervously, feeling guilty for causing such a mess.

  Kaminari yawned tiredly, pausing his work for a moment to rub his eyes. He murmured a quiet 'welcome, Kirishima' and continued cleaning. After they got all the broken cookie bits off the floor, Kaminari went to retrieve the broom and dustpan from the pantry. He came back and handed the other person the broom, an angerly tired expression pulling at his face.

  He sat on one of the countertops waiting for Kirishima to sweep the crumbs up into a pile. After the pile had been swept up, Kaminari hopped down from the cold countertop and held the dustpan in front of the pile. Kirishima pushed the broom's bristles over the pile, flinging it into the dustpan. When done, Kaminari dumped the contents into the 'graveyard of useless items.'

  The trash can was called that because someone wrote it on a sticky note and stuck it on the side, deeming it so. The piece of paper was old and endured a lot of abuse whenever the bin would be kicked in frustration. Somehow it still barely clings to the side. The name given to the bin seemed to be a lasting joke between the roommates. They found it quite funny because of how silly it seemed

  Kaminari, still feeling drowsy though not as much as before, trudged to the couch. He fell onto the cushion, sinking into the comfy feeling, unwilling to get up. He thought the silence of the room felt awkward since someone was almost always filling it so he decided it was an opportune time to speak his mind. "I'm surprised you didn't wake up Mina or Sero with that loud crash." He laughed.

  Kirishima chuckled realizing that what Kaminari said was true. "Yeah, it was quite loud wasn't it? Haa, I suppose they're deep sleepers." He said, scratching the back of his neck. He sighed solemnly as he began a new batch of cookies to replace the ones he dropped.

  Kaminari cocked his head, inquisitive to Kirishima's actions. Something was off. "Hey, why aren't you using the ovens downstairs?" He questioned, eyebrows stitched together as he tried to come up with reasons on his own.

The Royal Dumbass• KamiBaku(ModernRoyal AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें