Chapter 3

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kaminari groaned. He brought his free arm, that wasn't trapped under his body, to shut off the alarm. He pushed his body to an upright position. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. An unhumanly sounding noise left his mouth as he yawned. He pushed the heavy blanket from his lap, releasing his legs from the grasp it held all night. He slung his legs over the edge of the bed and carefully stood, not wanting to fall. He stretched his arms behind his head until a pop was heard from his spine.

Satisfied, he trudged to the bathroom. He opened the door and flicked the light on. He squinted, not used to the light difference. When he could open his eyes properly, he could finally see just how nice the bathroom was. There was a rack with fluffy, white towels on it. There were a few electronic devices laid on a shelf just above the towel rack. There was both a shower box and a bathtub. The mirror was quite big, giving the onlookers a better idea of what they looked like. Kaminari couldn't care much because he just woke up but appreciated the things there.

He shuffled to the shower box, taking the time-saving route rather than the relaxing one. He only had an hour to get ready for work so he wanted to do everything quickly. He also wanted time to go look for the kitchen. He wanted to grab a coffee as Midoriya suggested. While the water warmed up he walked into the closet to pick his outfit. He decided on a white button up, black pants, and an electric yellow vest. He laid them out on the bed for when he came out later. He walked back into the bathroom and stripped of his clothes. He stepped into the semi-clear box after checking the temperature. Just right.

He did his normal routine of washing everything. He turned off the shower and stepped out. He grabbed one of the fresh towels and rubbed his hair with it. He wiped down his torso with it before wrapping it around his waist. He stepped out and walked to check the time on his phone. 5:19.

He sat on his bed with his phone in hand. He checked to see if he had anything that needed his attention. He had a message. He opened the message window and read it. It was from Mina.

MinaThaMan: Hey Kami! We were wondering how your first day at the palace was going. Tell us as soon as possible, Okay? Have a good night broski! Love ya~
Yesterday, 9:47

Kaminari chuckled at his friend's message. He decided to write back.

Electrolyte: Everything has been good so far, I'll update you on anything new when I can. Promise. I have to get ready for work now, love ya later

He set his phone back on the nightstand. He walked back into the bathroom, hoping the mirror wasn't fogged over anymore. Luckily it wasn't so he could style his hair as he liked it easily. He took the blow dryer from the appliance shelf and plugged it into the wall socket next to the sink. He would use his quirk but thought it best to keep all his energy for the day. He dried his hair until it was dry. He looked quite funny after because his bangs matched the fluff of the back of his head. He laughed quietly. He replaced the blow dryer with the flat iron and began flattening his bangs. He smiled triumphantly when he was finished.

He put everything he used away, leaving the bathroom with a flick of the lights. He dried off the rest of whatever water was left on his body and began dressing. When he was done he looked at himself in the full body mirror that hung on the closet door. He looked nice.

He felt the collar of his white button-up looked a little bland so he took the lightning bolt enamel pin on one of his bags and pinned it to one of the collar flaps. He checked to see how it looked. It looked better than before plus it added a hint of personal touch. Lastly, he needed shoes. He felt like his beaten up converse wouldn't cut it. He panicked a bit since he didn't pack any other shoes than the ones he wore to the palace. He looked around frantically in hopes to find something in his bag. When he gave up he finally spotted two pairs of dress shoes in the corner of the closet along with a shoe shining kit. He sighed in relief as he pulled a pair on.