Chapter 5

I snapped out of it when Layla placed her hand on my shoulder and shook me a bit. I looked at my sister's they were both starring at me. As if they rehearsed the said together "Violet you alright?" I sighed and took a deep breath. "I've been thinking of a way to say this, but I guess there is no easy way to say it, without upsetting anyone. So I'm just going to come right out and say it." I looked at my sister's and Layla nodded her head. "Mother found us, she call today, I am unsure how she got our phone number but she did." They both came to me and hugged me Ava touched my hand."She can't....she can't..." She couldn't even bring herself to say it. I cupped her check and looked her in the eyes. "No Ava she can not. In the eyes of the law she is no longer your mother, I am." I could see her relax. We finished up dinner and cleaned up, then went to bed. A week past, then 2, then 3 finally a month and still nothing. We we were already going back to our normal lives. On Sunday morning I have Jasper make ready the carriage, I was taking my sister's to the coast. We spent the whole day walking in the sand, eating sweet ice and even had a small picnic in the sand as the sun was setting. It was a wonderful day just the 3 of us. As we were on our way back home which would take a little over an hour, Layla and Ava fell asleep. I too was getting tired but I needed to make sure we got home and that the horses did not stray off into the unknown. We arrived very late, Jasper and Magda helped me to get them into bed. "My Lady you have come very late, very late indeed." I smiled at her "Yes Magda we were just having so much fun, I am sorry to have worried you. It will not happen again." She smiled at me and kissed my temple. "Of course my Lady you should go and rest. I will have grits and eggs brought up to you in the morning." Magda truly was the best, ever since she has been with us she has been an over protective mother to all of us, and Jasper sweet Jasper a true loving father.