EIGHT. A Kind Stranger

I don't own anything but my idea's and my wonderland characters.

[Chapter 8]

"Why are you so nice to me, when we only met today?""Look at you

"Look at you. How can I not be nice."

----

Storybrook

May walked towards her shop when she got a text from Paige's mom. She pulled out her phone and looked at the text. She kept walking and bumped into someone. May took her eyes of of her phone and saw a man trying to pick up felt that he dropped.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." May walked towards the man and helped him pick up his felts.

"No it's fine. I got it." The man said. 

When May and the man picked up all the felt he and May stood up and looked at each other. The man stood frozen for a second and shook his head. 

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you. Maybe I can help you carry the felt to you're place and maybe give you a free cup of tea at my shop as a 'sorry I didn't meant to bump into you please don't come to my house and kill me'?" May giggle after finishing her quote.

"Haha that sounds really nice." The man said.

He started to walk the direction he was going to first and May followed. 

"So. I didn't got you're name." May said. 

"The name's Jefferson. What's yours?" Jefferson asked.

"May. May Rabbit. I know. It's a crazy name. You can thank my so called husband for that."  May said with a giggle.

Jefferson looked at May with a sad look in his eyes.

"What do you mean with 'so called'?" Jefferson asked.

"Well he and my daughter died a time ago and ever since then I couldn't think normal again." May said.

May and Jefferson arrived at Jefferson's house as he opened the door. He walked inside with May following. 

"Big place you got. Do you have a family?" May asked. 

Jefferson placed the felt on the dining table and turned around.

"I did. But they got ripped from me." Jefferson looked down with tears in his eyes.