Chapter Three

Jax sat in his usual seat at the head of the table with Tig to his right, as SAA, and Opie to his left, as Vice President. Looking around the table at the confused faces of his "brothers," he decided to get straight to the point instead of dragging the situation out.

"Did any one of you go into my old dorm room?" Jax asked as he lit a cigarette.

Looking up, he saw them all shake their heads.

"Why?" Tig asked as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table.

Jax exhaled a hit from his cigarette before looking around the table.

"Somebody went in there and stole the envelope which contained the clubs cut from Diosa," Jax said as he put his cigarette in the ashtray beside the gavel.

As soon as the reason for the impromptu meeting came out of his mouth, they all started talking simultaneously. Leaning back into his chair, Jax looked around the table. He tried to gauge their facial expressions while conversing about who could have taken the money. Looking for a hint of guilt, he knew that his brothers wouldn't steal from the club, but brotherhood didn't always mean loyalty. Given the past, Jax knew all about that too well.

Banging the gavel, the conversations stopped, and Jax looked around as he leaned forward.

"Did any of you see anyone go in there?" Jax asked.

Jax saw them all shake their heads, except for Juice, who had begun to shake his head before stopping and intently looking at the table in front of him.

"Juice," Jax calmly started. "Did you see anyone go in there?"

Juice looked up at his president and around the room before nodding.

"Who did you see going into the room?" Jax asked as he intently stared at Juice.

Juice sighed. "Maria's friend went in there to use the bathroom."

"You know her name?"

Juice looked up from the table at Jax. "Uh yeah. Maria introduced her as Lennox." 

"Who the hell in their right mind names their kid Lennox?" Tig asked as he looked around the room.

"I don't know who the hell in their right mind names their kid Fawn," Chibs retorted as he looked at Tig, who shrugged before leaning back in his seat. The room filled with chuckles at their brother's expense.

Jax let a smile cross his features as he took in the scene before him before looking back at Juice. "Do you know her last name?"

Juice shook his head. "No, but it shouldn't be too hard to get information on her," he said as he looked around the room. "Besides, she lives in the same apartment buildings as Maria."

Jax nodded. "Get whatever information you can get on her."

Juice nodded.

Just as Jax was about to bang the gavel to signal that the meeting was over, Juice spoke up. "Lennox wasn't the only one to go in there. Kelsey walked out while we were in the hallway." 

Jax looked around the room before setting his gaze back on Juice. "Get the information on Maria's friend, and we'll pay Kelsey a visit tomorrow," Jax said before banging the gavel.

They all slowly made their way out of the room. As they made their way into the main room, some may have been thinking about getting laid, but all thought they would find out who took the money.