Chapter Thirteen

"Are we there yet?"

"Yeah, there yet?"

Lennox rolled her eyes before rubbing her temples and looking up to catch her father's eyes in the review mirror. He gave her a small smile before they groaned at the boys' constant questioning. Both silently communicated that their plan had failed.

The entourage, consisting of the club members with their families, had left Charming early in the morning. Hoping the younger kids would be asleep and stay asleep for the duration of the drive to the cabin. And as they settled in for the "vacation."

The only problem was that young kids tend to get bored quickly and constantly ask how much longer, which gets annoying after a while. This makes the drive unbearable. That is why they had agreed to drive out there early to not only beat traffic but also in hopes that the kids would remain asleep during their mini road trip.

However, that plan seemed to fail because both of Lennox's boys had woken up, and from Gemma's message, so had Jax's boys. 

Lennox envied Opie, who only had to deal with both his teenagers. She was sure they were quiet on the trip because they were either still sleeping or quietly doing something to make the trip go smoothly, unlike her boys, who shot down any attempt at an electronic distraction.

But that wasn't all. They had brought Rocky along. The dog was calm for the most part, but even he was starting to get antsy. This meant that not only did she have to quiet and calm her boys, but now she had to deal with the dog as well.

"We're stopping at the next rest stop. It gives us a chance to stretch our legs a bit," Tig said as he signaled to switch lanes.

~**~

Lennox sighed in relief as soon as her feet hit the ground. She looked over at Gemma as she exited the car next to them.

"These boys are going to drive me crazy," Gemma watched as the boys ran to the vending machines.

"At least you just have to deal with two. I have two and a dog in here," Lennox pointed out before latching the leash onto Rocky's collar. She then turned to look at Gemma as they walked onto the curb in front of the cars. "Would it be bad if I asked George to ride with him for the remainder of the trip?"

Gemma shook her head. "I'm right there with you. I'm close to telling one of the guys that I'm riding with them."

"I don't know how people travel with kids on vacation." Lennox shook her head, watching all four boys being loud. Before laughing at the look on Tig and Jax's faces as they took in the kid's hyper mood this early in the morning. Especially when said kids were usually grumpy if they woke up early during their summer break.

"Something is wrong with those kids," Tig shook his head before looking at his daughter and sharing a look with her as the kids ran by. Gavin fell behind because the older boys had longer strides since their legs were longer than his. "Maybe they'll tire themselves before we hit the road again." 

~**~

They had been wrong. The boys had yet to tire themselves out. Instead, they seemed to have gotten recharged and had more energy than the adults. 

Lucky for them, they only had to endure it for a short time. They stopped in town to stock up on items before heading to the cabin on the outskirts of Auburn.

The cabin was isolated from prying eyes and nosy neighbors and surrounded by a wooded area. To Lennox, it sounded like something from a murder mystery, but she had been told that it was calm and beautiful out there. Her father had told her it was big and roomy, giving everyone enough privacy.