Chapter Four

"It only took me two days, but I got the info you wanted," Juice said, walking into the club's main room and stopping beside Jax, who stood at the bar.

"What did you find?" Jax questioned before taking a swig from the beer bottle before him.

"She's got a clean record, mostly," Juice revealed, his back against the bar. "No jail time, no speeding tickets. But there's something..."

"So she's got no criminal history," Jax said, finishing his beer.

"No criminal history, but she's not entirely clean," Juice said, his rings twisting in his fingers. "She's got ties... with someone from the club."

"She does?" Jax questioned, turning to face him. "Who does she have ties with?"

Juice nodded before glancing towards the pool game Tig and Bobby were playing. "Yeah, and you won't believe who."

"How was school today?" Lennox asked Christopher as they walked home

"How was school today?" Lennox asked Christopher as they walked home. "Did you have fun on the last day?"

"Uhuh," he said, eating his shaved ice before looking up at her. "We watched a movie."

"Really? Which one?" she questioned, grabbing his hand and ensuring the street was clear before crossing it.

"Finding Nemo."

"Did you like it?" She questioned, getting her keys out of her pocket and being careful not to spill the shaved ice she had bought for Gavin.

Christopher nodded before telling her all about it. As she was about to open the gate, she noticed the man sitting on a motorcycle across the street. As soon as she made eye contact, he stood up and started to make his way towards them, prompting her to quickly open the gate, letting her son pass through.

"Are you Lennox?" he questioned before she could close the door behind her.

"Who wants to know?" she recognized him from the party she picked Maria up.

"This your son?" he asked, looking down at Christopher.

"Yes," she softly said before taking notice of Lucia in the doorway of her apartment.

"Go with Lucia, Topher, and give this to your brother," Lennox told him, handing him the small cup and watching him make his way to Lucia. Turning to face the man with the curly black hair and goatee, he said, "If this is about the money, I thought we established that I didn't steal it."

"No. This isn't about the money," he answered. "It's about something else, something more personal."

"Look, I'm not going to sleep with you," Lennox said, hugging herself and shrinking away from him.

"It's not that either," he quickly stated. "I want to help you find someplace to live. I know you're getting evicted from this place."

"Did your friends tell you that?" Lennox asked, shaking her head. "I can find somewhere. Why would you want to help me? You don't even know me."

"I know your name is Lennox Jameson Trager," he answered. "You were born in Nevada to Olivia Carmichael and Alexander Trager. You've never met your father."

She looked at him in shock, not knowing how he could know that.

"I'm not a stalker. The only reason I know is that Jax had Juice look into you, and they thought I should know what they had found out," he explained, not tearing his gaze from her.

"Why?" she softly questioned, looking down at the floor.

"Because I'm Alexander Trager," he answered. "I'm your father."

Lennox felt as if someone had pulled the rug from under her feet. She didn't know what to say or if she could form any words. All she could do was watch as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet before he showed her his driver's license.

"I know this is shocking. I was shocked when I found out earlier today," he said, putting his wallet back in his pocket. "But I just wanted to get to know you and offer my help."

"You hit on me," she blurted out, causing him to wince.

"Yeah, I didn't know who you were then. I'm sorry," he answered. "But like I said, you're getting evicted from this place. So, if I can help, just let me know. I have a house in Charming that isn't used. You can stay there if you want."

"What's in it for you?" she questioned before clearing her throat.

"I just want to get to know you and your kids. Besides, I know you could use the help, and that house is just going to waste," he explained. "Think about it, and when you decide, you know where to find me, or at least your friend does."

Lennox nodded and watched him walk back towards his bike before she let the door close behind her and approached Lucia's apartment. She was looking towards the street when she heard the roar of the motorcycle—watching him until the bike disappeared from view.

"What did Tig want?" Maria leaned on the door jamb. Watching Lennox closely.

"He offered me a place to stay," Lennox answered as Maria stepped aside to let her in.

"Why would he do that? You have your apartment," Maria stated.

"I have to find somewhere to live by next Tuesday," Lennox informed her while waiting for the lecture. She knew it was coming as soon as Maria told her mother, which didn't take long.

"Why didn't you tell us? You know we would have helped so you could make rent on time," Lucia said as Lennox stared at the table as if it was the most exciting thing. "You know you can stay here with us."

"Besides, why would Tig offer you a place to stay?" Maria questioned her. "You're not sleeping with him, are you?"

"No," Lennox quickly shot down as she looked at them. "I'm not sleeping with him, and I didn't tell you because I don't want to burden you with this. You've already done a lot for me and the boys. I can't rely on you to save me all the time." 

"He offered me a place to stay because he's my father," she explained, setting her hands in front of her. "He barely found out today but wants to get to know me and the kids. So he offered his house because it isn't used and he knows I'm getting evicted because his friends told him."

"Wait... what?" Maria questioned disbelievingly.

So Lennox explained everything from the beginning. When she was finished, the three of them sat silently, except for the sound from the living room, where her boys were watching TV.

"You should know something before you decide whether you will accept his offer," Maria said, looking at her. "I don't know how or when, but all I know is that one of Tig's daughters died. The other one doesn't want anything to do with him. So I guess he offered you his house and wants to get to know you because he feels you're his chance at having a family outside the club."

"I've seen the way he looks at the other guys when they're with their families, even though he tries to put on a façade. I know he's upset because he doesn't have that," Maria explained.

"But that shouldn't be why you choose to accept his offer," Lucia said, looking at her. "If you decide that it's what is best for you and your boys. Then we'll support you in your decision, but you shouldn't decide to move to Charming because you feel bad for him or because you don't want to feel like a burden to us."

"Exactly. You and your boys are our family, too," Maria stated. "So think about it; we're here to support you no matter what you decide."