Chapter Seven

"I talked to Gemma about giving you a job at Teller Automotive," Tig informed, watching her move around the kitchen. "Said she'd find something. Could use the help if you're up for it."

He watched as she briefly paused before returning to the task. She didn't say anything, but she didn't have to; he could read it in her posture that she was unsure.

"You don't have to accept it if you don't want to," he explained, watching the tension in her shoulders slowly disappear. "I just thought I would help in talking to Gemma."

"It's not that I don't appreciate the gesture," Lennox finally said, sighing and turning to face him. "It's just I want to find a job on my own. I don't want to depend on you for everything because you already let us stay here for free. I want to do this on my own."

"I get that, and if you can't find anything, just know you have something at TM."

She had been sure finding a job would have been easy, but in a town like Charming, where the businesses were family-owned, it was proving to be difficult

No one seemed to be hiring, or at least not hiring, someone like her—not that there was anything wrong with her. She seemed to fulfill the requirements, but she didn't seem to make it past the interview. Most businesses had a full staff, while others didn't seem so interested in hiring a complete stranger.

She tried to convince herself that it was because they thought she was passing through. No one moved to Charming, and people tended to move out of it instead. At least, that's what she had been told when looking for a job at the local market. Instead of the fact that people didn't seem so trusting when they found out who her father was. Or more so when they found out about his workplace.

George's words run through her head, 'The club's past was pretty dark; that's not who we are anymore; it's just hard to shake the past sometimes.'

Just how dark was the club's past? she questioned herself as she looked up, checking for traffic; before looking back the way she came, she realized she was standing on a literal crossroad.

Behind her were the small and quaint shops that had already denied her employment, while the road ahead led to a more modern and picturesque town square. Shops lined both sides of the street, and this part of town had more potential for finding a job.

Looking around, debating where to head first, she gazed at the floral shop on the street corner in front of her. Quickly glancing around for oncoming traffic before crossing the street, she sent a quick prayer for luck and entered the shop.

The bell rang, signaling her entrance. Her eyes scanned the inside of the shop before hearing a faint "Be right there" coming from the back.

Lennox made her way further into the shop while waiting for someone to come out, looking at the different flowers and plants the store had to offer. All the while, she tried to steady her racing heart and smoothed down the skirt of the floral dress, the only properly fitting clothing item she had in her collection. She then smoothed down her hair, making sure she looked presentable.