Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A/N: There is a moderate amount of smut in the middle of this chapter.

Ready for round two? Lol ;-)

Third-Person Omniscient POV

Shay and Elizabythe were sound asleep in her bed. Artemis took shelter in the barn just as a windy rainstorm set in. As the tempest raged on, the homestead stood with fortitude as the rain came down harder and colder, eventually causing small bits of ice to fall. New York got some snow, some hail on occasion. The hail hit the windows rapidly like a snare drum, causing Shay to snap his eyes open and glance at the window.

"Ah, it's just hail." Shay sighed, slowly getting out of bed and walking quietly to the side window.

A flash of lightning in the distance was followed by loud, rumbling thunder, sounding more like a stampede of horses on soft dirt.

"It's really comin' down hard out there." Shay said softly.

His grogginess was soon shook off when he heard Elizabythe moan softly, but it wasn't the mere moan that alerted him. She was still asleep, but she sounded as if she were in pain. The moans became more frequent, more pained. Then, she began to snap her head back and forth and grip the sheets strongly.

Shay slowly walked over to her bed until a crash of thunder jolted him. But Elizabythe did not wake up. Shay breathed a sigh of relief and made it to her bed silently. Suddenly, she went limp for a split second and let out a sharp scream, which was enough to startle the concerned Templar.

"Elizabythe...." Shay mumbled.

What happened then seemed to scare Shay even more than her tossing and turning. She said his name in her sleep.

"Sha....Shay?! Mmm-mm...Shay...Help!"

"Elizabythe?" Shay finally spoke up. No sign of waking.

"Aaah!" She yelped. "Shay!...Help! Shay! Shay! NO! Please, NO!"

Shay straddled her hips to restrain her lower body and held down her arms by her elbows. He had to wake her now, Elizabythe was starting to shed tears.

"Elizabythe! Elizabythe, WAKE UP! ELIZABYTHE!" He yelled at her, shaking her torso until her eyes finally opened.

"Shay...! SHAY!" She gasped and her sapphire orbs met with Shay's bright, brown eyes. "Aaahh, oh my God...."

"It's alright, my love. It's alright. I'm here...."

Elizabythe took a few moments to catch her breath while Shay got off of her and laid at her side, holding her around her waist and back of her neck. She began to tremble when she heard the hail, rain and thunder from outside. She blinked her eyes a bit while wiping the tears from her cheeks.

When it finally dawned on her what her nightmare was about, she grimaced and started to cry even more, burying her face into Shay's broad chest as he gave her a tight hug.

"Elizabythe? What's wrong?"

"Bad dream....Very, very bad dream."

"What happened...?"

"I don't know, Shay," she whimpered. "It was all a blur....I saw myself, but I-I was dead. You were screaming, crying over my dead body....we were both older, much older. Looked like my stomach was swollen slightly, I don't know."

"You were pregnant in your nightmare?!" Shay was taken aback.

"I don't know for sure, but it looked like it, but that was after I saw....my Father's ship, the Siren's Wrath. It was wrecked....I saw myself crying and yelling, you were restraining me....then it was a blur again, and I saw my house up in flames. My house was burned down?! What does this all mean?!"