Chapter Two - I remember you

The school bell rang for lunch.

All the students at Ninjago High sprinted down the corridors towards the cafeteria. After a few hundred students would reach there, the queues would get incredibly long and some people would sometimes even have to wait thirty minutes until they finally got food.

Rushing down the corridor was never what Cliff Gordon's son, Jay, felt like doing. He was happy just wandering down the corridor to the cafeteria to meet Cole at his own pace.

All except one person was heading one way. To Jay, they looked kind of familiar. Her short black hair waved as she ran.

Jay didn't see her coming. He accidentally bumped into her, making them both stop.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going." Jay apologised, looking up at the girl.

"Maybe you should have been watching then." She folded her arms in frustration.

"Hold up... I remember you." Jay frowned.

"Oh how lovely." She rolled her eyes.

"You're that girl from the café on Saturday. The rude one." Jay reminded himself.

"Rude?! I think you need to check the dictionary. I am NOT rude." She argued.

Jay sighed, "Will you ever treat people with the respect they deserve?"

She rolled her eyes and began to walk off again.

————————————————————

"What's up with you?" Cole asked his best friend.

"You remember that girl from the café?" Jay asked.

"The one you said I couldn't punch in the face?" Cole wondered. Jay nodded.

"I just saw her. She has no sense of direction and she is still very much rude. She's worse than she was on Saturday." Jay explained.

"Oh well that's fantastic, isn't it?" Cole said sarcastically.

"Changing the subject, my dad should be home later today. I've gone the whole week and just like he promised, he's going to be home today. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls me tonight saying he has to stay for even longer." Jay placed his head in his hands.

"Come on, we both know that he wouldn't do that to you. Not again anyway. He already ruined your birthday. I'm not going to let him ruin any more of your life." Cole told him.

"Thanks, Cole. Honestly, it's kind of peaceful without him around. But I guess I like the company when he's around, you know?" Jay shrugged his shoulders.

"Well if you need any company when he isn't here, I'm free anytime." Cole smiled. Jay smiled back.

———————————————————

About an hour away from the city was a small village in the middle of nowhere. It had many shops, including a blacksmith shop that had been there for over twenty years. The owners had been missing for years but that didn't stop their children from taking over.

Both Kai and Nya Smith enjoyed working there. Of course it was hard work but they were willing to put in the effort. Plus, how else would they pay rent and buy food?

Nya arrived home shortly after school. She was the only one that went to school since she was the youngest. Her older brother, Kai, had already done a few years in school before their parents went missing so it was eventually Nya's turn. Plus, Kai enjoyed being a blacksmith more than his sister did.

Kai protected Nya like she was a small leaf. He made sure she was safe. Not only had he had to raise her from 2 years and onwards but he thinks he did a pretty good job at being parent.

The siblings always worked as a team. They looked out for each other and made sure the other was comfortable. They ran the shop together.

"Kai, I'm home." Nya called.

Kai came running down the stairs wearing his apron and his signature spiked hair.

"Hi, sis. How was your day at school?" Kai asked, focused on putting the swords back on the shelf in the right order.

"Honestly," She began, "Horrible. That boy from Saturday started pestering me again though."

"What do you mean pestering you?" Kai frowned.

"Telling me that I'm rude and stuff. Just the usual." Nya replied.

"Oh."

Nya threw her school bag down on the bottom steps of the stairs and sat down on the chair at the main counter.

"Heard anything from Skylor today?" Nya wondered.

"Not yet. She'll be over in half an hour though so I'm not worried." Kai replied as he restocked the shelves.

Skylor Chen was Kai's red-headed girlfriend. She was actually quite nice and was like a sister to Nya. They would share secrets and talk about boys. Well the only boys that the ever spoke about was just Kai. Nya didn't really know any boys. She didn't have the time to get to know them. Actually, she didn't want to waste time on getting to know them. She only thought they were a waste of time.

"Okay, cool. Do you mind if I steal her for a bit? You know, sister to sister chat?" Nya wondered.

"Sure."

Nya had always been patient around her brother.

Shortly after, Skylor arrived with a huge smile on her face.

"I have big news!" She exclaimed.

"What is it?" Kai asked excitedly.

"Movie Star Cliff Gordon is back in the area after being gone for over a month." Skylor smiled.

"Uh." Nya rolled her eyes, "Nobody cares about that stupid movie guy. I'm surprise he hasn't gone bankrupt yet."

"Lighten up, Nya." Skylor interrupted, "I bet his son has the best life possible!"

"He has a son?!" Kai frowned.

"Yup. Apparently he goes to Ninjago High. I can't remember his name though." Skylor added.

"Oh great. So I may have to sit next to a selfish, snobby boy in class. How fantastic." Nya rolled her eyes.

Skylor giggled.

"Speaking of boys," Nya began, "There's a boy who has been nothing but trouble at school. Been saying I'm rude yet he's the one who's walking around like he and his best friend own the place."

"Sounds like Nya has a crush." Skylor teased.

"Don't even get me started." Kai warned.

"Ew!" Nya exclaimed.

Skylor burst out laughing.

As if Nya would ever like a guy like Jay.