Chapter Fifteen - The truth hurts

"What were you thinking?!" Kai yelled.

"It wasn't me! It was Cole." She smirked.

"And you didn't think of helping me?!" He exclaimed.

Nya thought for a second.

"Nope."

Kai rolled his eyes. "I honestly thought you had changed."

"Yeah, and the only reason I changed was because of Jay. So now you're admitting it was a good thing." She grunted.

"That's not what I'm talking about!" He cut in. "I'm saying that you used to care for me, love me, support me, but you went behind my back."

"That's only because I realised what a lying, greedy pig you are!" She shouted.

"How dare you!" Kai yelled in his sister's face.

After Cole had left, Nya stayed in her room all evening. She was too scared to come downstairs and talk to her brother after what had happened. She woke up early in the morning and decided to get breakfast before Kai had woken up but to her surprise, he was already awake.

"It's true though! And you know it! You never cared about me, you only ever cared about yourself!" Nya snapped.

"I have always been there for you and this is how you treat me?! You treat me like some scum that you've just scraped off the bottom of your shoe?! And after I've been so nice to you as well." Kai shook his head in disappointment.

Nya laughed sarcastically. "Me? Treat you like c**p?! You've got to be kidding me."

"I've only ever wanted what's best for you. I've given you everything you've ever wanted." He told her.

"The only things I have ever wanted, you can't and you won't give them to me!" She argued.

"Oh really? Like what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Jay, you took him away from me. A normal teenage life, but instead you make me work here. Our parents, but there is no way in hell that you could possibly bring them back—" She replied harshly.

"Okay, okay, you've proven you're point. That doesn't mean you can disrespect me though!" He shouted.

"I told you, it was Cole's idea!" She answered back.

Kai paused. "So you agreed with him?"

"It's what you deserved." She mumbled.

Kai shook his head. "I've been so nice to you, Nya. I've really tried to stay patient with you over all these years because of the way you act."

"That's you're own fault. You brought me up that way." Nya rolled her eyes.

"This is how you repay me?!" He yelled.

Nya fell silent.

Kai gritted his teeth. "I should've just left you. I should've given you to someone else. Someone who could've raised you properly then? Huh? Then you wouldn't have any family at all!"

"The fact that we don't have any family isn't my fault! It's yours!" She shouted.

"Nya." Kai groaned.

"You were the one who killed them!" She snapped.

"WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT." Kai raised his voice at her, his breathing heavy.

Nya fell quiet as she looked down at his clenched fist. In his hand was a knife. He must have picked it up whilst he was stood by the counter. But she hasn't noticed it before.