Chapter Seventeen - Back to normal

Jay, Nya, Cole, Zane and Lloyd were sat in math class along with 20 other students. Nya was doodling a little goat in her notebook, Zane was working out the question on the large whiteboard, Lloyd was day dreaming, Cole had fallen asleep and Jay was staring blankly at the math question.

Nya was sat at the back of the classroom with Sadie Donavan, the most popular girl in school. Sadie was texting her boyfriend. One of the school rules was no phones in class but she had always used it under the table so the teacher couldn't see.

Lloyd and Zane were sat beside each other at the front of the class. Lloyd had problems with maths so Zane offered to give him some tutoring, which was beginning to pay off.

Jay and Cole were also sat together in the middle row. Jay hadn't written anything in his book yet. He was tired and stressed and just wanted to go home. He gently nudged Cole in the arm. His best friend groaned and raised his head slowly, squinting.

"Were you asleep?" Jay frowned.

Cole ignored Jay. "Why is it so bright in here?"

Jay giggled a little and returned his gaze towards the board.

"You don't get the question, do you?" Cole rubbed his eyes.

Jay opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He closed it and nodded his head. Cole yawned and sat up properly, placing his hands flat on the table. He took one look at Jay and then at the question. He sighed and glanced down at his book.

"Don't tell me you don't know either." Jay complained.

Cole looked at his best friend guiltily.

"Great." Jay rolled his eyes and peered over at Nya. She was looking down at her drawing of who knows what. It was hard for Jay to see from where he was sat.

The teacher got up out of his chair and began talking again. He started talking to Lloyd and Zane. Jay took this as his opportunity to figure out how to do the apparently really difficult equation. Jay glanced back at his girlfriend once again.

"Psst." He whispered. This didn't get anyone's attention.

Jay looked back at the teacher but he hadn't seemed to have notice.

"Psst." He said a little louder.

By now, the teenage boy had thought that his girlfriend was deaf. Usually, her hearing was good. She could probably hear stuff from like a mile away but today, she had hearing like a moth.

Jay huffed and leaned on his chair so he was a little closer to her.

"Psst." He practically whisper-shouted.

A head turned to face Jay but it wasn't who he wanted. Instead, it was Sadie and she did not look happy.

"What?" He replied angrily.

Jay smiled innocently and quickly peered at Nya, who still hadn't noticed him.

Sadie rolled her eyes and faced Nya. She kicked her in the leg, making Nya jump and mess up her drawing.

"Seriously? I was nearly done!" Nya snapped.

Sadie pointed her finger towards Jay, who was waiting patiently for his girlfriend's attention. Nya took one look at Jay and sighed.

"How can you even be with him? Isn't he annoying?" Sadie asked.

Nya frowned. "What are you talking about?" 

"You're dating, aren't you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well yeah." 

"Doesn't he like make you stressed or anything? Does he not get on your nerves?" Sadie wondered.