Chapter Twelve - Hilda Returns

You know, when you're young... when you're so young that you think everything is just... it's just as real as it gets. When you're that young, it's hard to make sense of what's right and wrong. 

Jay was like that. He was young and foolish. He thought that the world would just work the way that he wanted it to. He figured that he wouldn't have to try and thing would just come together. It wasn't that way though. 

He thought that if he wished for it, things would just fall right at his feet like they usually did when he asked for something. But he found out the hard way that life was never on his side. It was never on anyone's side. You gain something, you lose something and for Jay, that meant something much worse. He may have gained a girlfriend but he lost his father, something way more important than anything else. 

That's the problem with kids nowadays. They think that life will be perfect. They think that they won't have to work like people did in the past. But they don't listen. They don't understand. No, not all people are like that. Most people work hard for what they want. They work hard to accomplish their dreams, to buy a new car or a video game they've wanted for months. Some people have famous parents with lots of money or they've inherited that cash from relatives or friends or even relatives of friends. Those sorts of people couldn't care less about what they couldn't buy, they'd buy what they can. 

Sure, these days people are more aware of these sorts of things but what about those who aren't? Would they donate their money to charities? Would they hog the money? Could they possibly even hide it? 

One person who would never do that was Jay Gordon. He inherited millions from his father but gave most of it to charities and poor, homeless people. He always thought of others before himself.

There was a few loud knocks at the front door.

"Who's that?" Nya asked curiously.

"Probably his Aunt Hilda." Cole joked.

"For the last time Cole, her name isn't Hilda, it's Katherine." Jay rolled his eyes and got up off of the sofa.

"I know. It's just a better fitting name for her. You know, Aunt Hilda makes her sound older, like 80 or something. It really suits the way she looks, don't ya think?" He smirked.

"Don't you dare be rude to her. She's doing me and my father a massive favour, remember?" Jay warned before leaving the room.

"With Brady coming, I think I'm the least of his worries." Cole whispered to Lloyd and Zane, who was sat on either side of him.

"What are they like?" Nya asked Cole.

"Well Hilda is a little strict. Should I say a little? I mean very. She was harsh enough with Cliff around, I dunno how she's gonna be with him gone." Cole explained. "As for nosy Brady, he's...well... nosy."

"Sounds like a bit of a handful." Zane stated.

"I've only ever met him once and that was for like 5 minutes. Let's just say I've never seen a kid like him before and I don't mean that in a nice way." Cole replied.

"Looks like we're in for a bumpy ride." Lloyd joked.

"I feel sorry for Jay, he's the one who has to put up with the pair of dingos." Cole continued.

Jay coughed loudly in the doorway, catching everybody's attention. There, stood beside Jay, was a tall blonde woman. Her hair was tied into a tight high bun and wore black heels, a formal black dress and a white cardigan. The small child had dark brown hair with blue jeans and a white shirt. 

"Guys, this is my Aunt Katherine and my cousin Brady." Jay told them.

Nya got up and wandered over to meet them.