Chapter Nine - I'll call you

"On the way to work, Cliff Gordon got into a major car crash alongside a newly wedded couple. All three are in Hospital heir wounds are being treated there. No news as to what exactly happened just yet but we'll keep you informed." The news reporter explained.

Jay sighed. "No wonder he wasn't calling me like he had promised."

"Well that explains it then, doesn't it?" Lloyd suggested.

Jay nodded.

"Why are we still here?! Why aren't we at the hospital?!" Cole exclaimed.

"Because they won't let us see him. If I tell them I'm his son, they wouldn't believe me. They'd think I'm some crazy super fan." Jay replied.

"True..." Cole frowned.

"So do we just sit here doing nothing and hope for the best or--?" Zane wondered.

"No we can't do that." Jay said.

"Then what do we do?" Lloyd asked.

Jay huffed and grabbed the house keys off of the coffee table. "Come on, let's go." 

"Where?" Cole questioned.

"The hospital." Jay told him and left the room. 

"I thought you said they wouldn't let us in." Cole frowned.

"I changed my mind." Jay called out to them. "Now come quickly, we don't have all day."

Lloyd, Zane and Cole followed Jay outside of the house. They wandered half way down the path but Jay stopped, dead. He turned around and pointed at Cole.

"You three go to the hospital and make sure my dad is okay. I'll get there as soon as I can." Jay told them and then started walking again.

"Where are you going?!" Cole exclaimed.

"I have something important to do." Jay shouted back as he sprinted out of the gate and down the road.

Cole rolled his eyes and turned to the boys beside him. "Let's go."

Lloyd, Zane and Cole arrived at Ninjago Hospital within 20 minutes and wandered up to the receptionist at the main desk.

"How may I help you young boys today on this lovely warm evening?" She asked with a smile.

"Cliff Gordon." Cole stated, placing his hands on the desk.

"I'm sorry, what?" She frowned in confusement.

"Is he here?" Cole asked.

The woman looked down at her computer and typed something in using her computer.

"Yes, why?" She wondered.

"Could you possibly tell us what room he is in? We want to visit him, you know, to see if he's okay." Lloyd took over.

The woman laughed. "I'm sorry, I can't let you do that. Cliff is a very famous man and I'm sure if he wanted to meet some of his fans, he'd do so when he gets home. I hope you have a lovely rest of your day." 

"No, you don't get it! We're friends with his son, Jay Gordon." Cole added.

"You're friends with Jay Gordon?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm his best friend!" Cole exclaimed.

"Do you have proof?" She asked.

"Yes! I have pictures of us on my phone." Cole reached in his pocket and frowned. He then checked all his other pockets and sighed.