Chapter Two: Crap News

The voices of worried people echo off the grey metal walls, whispers fill the room "what's going to happen?" "This is stupid!" "Everything's going to be fine..." I look at my mothers concerned face she looks at me with her soft brown eyes and then turns away. I see children hugging their parents, I wish I could do the same... Im at the back of the crowd staring at the stage. i feel worried turning my head I spot my best friend Aliysa biting her nails, she looks at me and smiles softly. I wave a little and turn to mum and gently put my hand on her tiny shoulder "mum? I'm going to go talk with Aliysa okay?" She nods slowly her face frozen with fear, I walk over to her pushing through people and starting to talk. "Aliysa do you know what's going on? She shakes her head still biting her nails, ahh classic Aliysa... I have known her since we were only babies, I look at her golden hair and scared blue eyes covered by her purple glasses. *tap* *tap* Im snapped back into reality when I hear footsteps I turn around and see Bailey marching up to me, he grabs me by the collar of my suit and says through gritted teeth "what the hell is going on?!" I shake my head and yell "I don't know!" He raises his hand and pounds it into my stomach I fall to the ground and straggle to breath, winded. my vision blurs as I stagger up. Aliysa looks at me shocked. She blinks and walks over to Bailey and punches him in the cheek I make out the blur moving backwards. now my visons focusing he grabs her glasses and throws them on the floor and they shatter to tiny pieces, everyone has their heads turned, watching. Nows my chance, I lift myself up and walk over to him and punch him in the face. He dosnt fall he just flinchs and looks at me with dead eyes and walks away swearing under his breath.

"We really taught him huh?" Aliysa yells happily, I nod Aliysa looks even more beautiful without her glasses on, "your glasses though" I say she just rolls her eyes "I'm not blind it's just for far away things" I smile "I'd better get back to mum" I say "she's been worried sick" Aliysa smiles and hugs me she whispers "I'm sure everything will be fine..." She plants a little kiss on my cheek and runs off, I touch the kiss and grin silly. I spot mum in the crowd of angry impatient faces, "rheet dear what happened to you I saw everything!!" I'd forgotten about that "nothing he just went hostile" she eyes me and nods. As we start talking the booming voice of the overseer speaks into the microphone, "hello citizens of vault 79! I have some horrible terrible news but I'm sure you won't mind" she's whispering to the guards next to her "something terrible is happening. Our food source is running low, our meat factory has broken down so there is no meat and our fruits and veggies are growing to slow" she pauses for a very long moment "So you are forced to leave the vault" shocked whispers run through the crowd. Wait did she say "you"? not we? I crazed man yells from the back "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO US?!!? THROWING US OUT THERE!?!? YOU ARE A MISTAKE!!!!!!" The overseer looks at one of her guards and nods, the guard nods back and pulls a pistol out of his belt and sends a bullet right into the man head. blood sprays everywhere, "everyone quiet now? Good..." the overseer says sickly "No we are not all quiet!" I shout before I can stop myself. "Your lying! You?! Not we!? So does that mean that while we are out there in the wastes, your able to live in the safety of the vault'?" I shout. "We'll I would shoot you but I'm out of bullets..." The overseer wickly says "shut up overseer! I bet your really just a slimly toad under that vault suit!" the familiar voice hits me, Aliysa.. She's standing up for me? "Shut up you dumb shits!!" Bailey yells. The overseer is shocked and confused ''fine then no one shall leave, apart from you three" the overseer says grimly "you have a week" the worried and shocked whispers of confused people circle around the room my mother wraps her hands around my arm. i make her let go, I walk out with my head down Everyone stares at the outspoken idiot, I feel Aliysas hand hold my big shoulders, "sorry..." I say "it's okay, I yelled out too" I nod she plants another kiss on my other cheek, "what the hell did you do that for!?" Bailey the brute yells the last thing I see is a fist hurling towards me...