Chapter 6: Stories

My tummy rumbled as I reached into my bag I grabbed some crackers and munched on them greedily, I licked my fingers and sighed with satisfaction. I looked over at Alisyas bed and expected her small body to be curled up with half the blanket on "miss her too?" Bailey said scaring me
"I guess"
"Yeah even though she was bossy at times and weak there was thing about her as well you know?"
"Yeah..."
"But we shouldn't morn her death, man"
"Yeah it'll just slow us down"
Awkward silence
"So your thoughts on Maiya and Flynn?
"They both look skilled in fighting, Maiya seems to be the leader and Flynn seems very quiet"
"To quiet..." we both laugh
"Well I think Maiya is annoying and stupid" bailey says
"That's a bit rough"
He shrugs
"Cracker?" He reaches into the box and pulls a handful out
We walk down the stairs and out the door to find Maiya and Flynn saddling up their lucons "what are you doing?" I ask "we uhh have to travel to the borderline" Maiya sighs "something serious has come up" Flynn finishes "let us come with you" Bailey says crossing his arms. Mary walks out of the house rubbing her wrinkled eyes and yawns "y'all are leaving ain't you" we all nod "well I wish you the best, as a token I'll give two of my lucons for you and your friend bailey" we smile "thank you Mary for everything if you weren't for you and this town we'd all be dead, well me and Bailey would be..." she waves her hand "bah don't worry about it" she takes us to a corral of lucons I chose a black lucon with a chestnut mane and Bailey chooses a yellow lucon with a black mane we saddle them up and have a go at riding them.

Jack and Suzi say goodbye and we ride off into the forest waving, "woo hoo" Maiya yells it echoes in the tree tops, I feel so free riding on this amazing mutation. I kick ranger in the sides, (Rangers my lucon) and I sprit off in front of everyone else feeling the wind in my hair "oh ho ho ho you wanna race!?" Maiya shouts "come on guys" they all gallop on behind me the hoove beats in the ground leaves fall as the hooves shake the earth, I turn around and everyone is smiling largely, for the first time in a while I have a smile on my face. we ride and shout for a while until it gets dark and we settle into a small trot "all right guys we should go to a settlement and rest" Flynn says, bailey looks at him angrily "no we should ride through the night" Bailey yells "no because our lucons will collapse" Flynn argues. I look at ranger, his mane dripping with sweat and his heavy panting "we need to rest" I say, Bailey looks at me just like I've betrayed him.

We trot into a open part of land and hitch our lucons to a log, Maiya and I gather firewood. after a lot of silence I finally speak up
"So your Mary's granddaughter?"
"Yep"
"Uhh what's you're story?"
"There's nothing really to tell"
"I'm sure there is"
"Well I was born in- here, in a tiny shack with my mother and father they were merchants we would travel selling goods as a family, I was about 9 when a group of Raiders came and well raided us and killed.. my parents, I ran I just ran. luckily while my nan still traveled I found her I told her what happened and cried into her shoulders, when I was 12 we started traveling and loved it I wanted adventure that's all I seeked and then when I was 15 I started working in the merchant business, I got to travel all across the wasteland then last year I found a wounded brother of steel"
"Brother of steel?"
"A member of the brotherhood of steel, anyway that brother was Flynn. he laid there with his arm torn apart and gasping for air, I heaved him onto bandit, that's my lucon. And I bought him back to the brotherhood of steels HQ. they thanked me and Flynn joined me to be my bodyguard. then we came back to nans home and you were there.
"Interesting"
"What about your story"
"Well I was born in vault 79 my father hated it there so he left it for adventure he never came back, I grew up depressed, I was also sick of the vault finally the overseer said we were to be kicked out me and Alisya shouted stupid things out, Bailey shouted aswell and we got kicked out instead. Bailey knocked me out, then we left the vault and got mugged by some idiot, Bailey killed him with a rock, we found Sunnyville and met Mary and you guys."
"Wow"
"Yeah"

We walk back to camp together and start a campfire and we saw make do shelters made from bent over saplings that Bailey and Flynn made we sit around the fire and talk, Maiya sits next to me in silence, we laugh and cook meat that we hunted. Bailey tells story's that we laugh and laugh at, I'm am truly happy. we fall asleep, and maybe I really am having an adventure...