Chapter 7: Lies

I slashed the clean water onto my face and sighed today we were going to the borderline, Maiya was with me the whole night, I had a quick breakfast of an apple, then we mounted our lucons and we were back on the road "so when are we gonna get there?!" Bailey yelled other the noise of the lucons hoof beats. Flynn rode by himself in the back he had a look of concern and fear, I turned and looked at Maiya who had the biggest smile, Bailey just frowned. we reached a desert and the sun shone hotly on our backs, panting and covered in sweat we stopped and had a long drink and a quick lunch, I ate stale sandwiches that my mother packed before I left the vault. Maiya and Fynn ate disgusting squirrels pieces "out here in the wasteland you have ta learn how to eat raw mutant meat, we have clean water now thanks to the lone wanderer, he turn on a purifier that was coved in radiation" Flynn said "but we got mugged by someone and he said he was a she" Bailey asked "well people aren't sure what gender they were" Maiya finished.

We saddled our lucons and rode in the sand. until we finally reached the borderline. It was just a large electric fence with a big rock and a settlement in the background, "Flynn?" Maiya asked "where's the Wolfgang?!" Bailey stepped forwards "what the hell is going on!?" Maiya explained "The Brotherhood of steel should be here ready to infuriate the Wolfgang a gang of the most dangerous raiders and slavers!" Flynn looked around with sweat pouring down his forehead "uhh guys I-" he was cut short by gruff laughing, "good job flynny boy" a mean looking raider said as he walked up the rock, his hair was shaved on the side and he had three nasty scars running down the right side of his face. "what the hell is going on Flynn?!?!?!" Bailey yelled "and it looks like you got extras" the raider said. Bailey went red with anger and stomped over to Flynn punched him square in the face Flynn fell to the ground holding his nose he removes his hands from his face to revel blood tickling down "you made a mistake, get them boys!!!" The raider shouts, and about 30 raiders and slavers run out behind the rocks and start shooting, I bolt for a rock with Bailey and Maiya behind me "what the hell Maiya?!" I yell "were you in on this?!" She shakes her head "no I had no idea" She says biting her nails. Bailey grunts, I believe Maiya. a bomb is thrown over the rock and lands in front of us "RUN!!!!" Bailey shouts loudly, we run and duck behind another rock "just shoot at them!" Bailey yells, "I don't have a gun!" I shout Maiya throws a laser pistol at my feet "now you do" I nod Maiya sends the burning lasers into slavers torso, head and Arms, A muscly raider jogs out with a mini nuke luncher he grins with yellow teeth, "Rhett raider over there lets get him!" Baileys says I nod I shoot green lasers into his torso but they hardly hurt him, as I shoot his torso bullets whizz past my head and another and another, Bailey guns the raider with nuke luncher down, another bullet heads for me and gets me in the ear, all I hear is painful ringing, blood runs down my neck. Bailey and Maiya talk to me but I can't hear them, I focus myself and see Bailey run out for the nuke luncher, he lifts it up and grins massively, he loaded a mini nuke in the large gun. my hearing comes back hardly. "EAT THIS ASSHOLES!!!!!" Bailey shouts firing the nuke into a group of slavers *BOOM* a mini mush shroom cloud appears in the sky as the skeletons of the slavers fall to the ground, Raiders stare as Bailey reachs for a second nuke, Bailey pauses and runs, the raiders shoots again and Baileys hat gets shot off and he's shot in the leg, "shit!" He yells, I shoot two raiders in the face and they fall to the ground, baileys comes behind the rock again "no nukes huh?" I ask "no" he moans in pain "Rhett hold them off I'll tend to baileys leg" Maiya says. she pulls a stimpak out of her bag and places the needle into baileys leg "owowow" bailey puffs "stop being a baby" Maiya huffs. "You try getting shot in the leg!" He yells. I start running out of bullets and the raiders are getting closer, Maiya wraps a bandage around the bleeding leg "it didn't hit the bone but it went right through."

Maiya pulls her power rifle out and shoots, a raider shouts "yer going down pretty girl!!" He fired two bullets right into her shooting arm, she falls on her side and faints, I use a stimpak on her arm and poorly wrap a bandage around her arm and leave her there "dude there's at least 10 more raiders" I say getting a headache. I look over at Flynn he's yelling at the raider leader, the place is a battlefield. "ENOUGH, STOP IT!!!" A booming voice commands, I stare at the man with the business suit and remember, he's familiar face .... Dad?!