Chapter 3: Goodbye

"Heard about what you did" the doctor says looking at his clipboard "In a way I sure am grateful, it be meaning I won't have to go out there, still a terrible thing you'll be going out there though" I've just woken up from that punch bailey gave me, lucky to be alive "now you say Bailey did this to you?" "Yes doc., by the way how long have I been out?"
"Three days"
"Really?!"
"Yes, now baileys in big trouble"
"I don't care"
"Well you should he could have killed you"
"Well when someone in the wastes kills you they don't get in trouble"
"Yes that's true. Look you can go now if you want"
"Thanks doc"
"No worries"

TWO DAYS LATER

I stand over my desk looking at pictures of me, there's one of my tenth birthday. me smiling with my pipboy. Another of me and my father, one of me and my mother, me and Aliysa on the first day of school with thumbs up. and one that brings tears to my eyes as I stare at the picture of me, dad, mum and our old dog, "Rhett? It's your old hag of a mother." She slinks in slowly "I don't want you to leave. It won't be the same without you" tears well up in her wrinkled eyes I hand her the picture of her me and dad she smiles and starts balling, "mum I'm sorry" she hugs me and we sit there for a while

TWO DAYS LATER

We stand facing the giant metal door, with the faded yellow 79. Bailey and Aliysa stand with me I turn and see everyone looking at us. My mother didn't come as she was crying to much. I feel like crying now to, the overseer stands proud and tall, bitch. "Oh dear today we are all morning for these three 19 year olds they take their first steps outside. Into the burning sun and brown dry ground, crawling with mutants and monsters, it is dawning upon us to open the door for the third time. And let these teenagers find their destinys!" She nods to one of the guards as he pulls a switch on a power-broad the horrible and loud sound of the door snatches open *EEEEEEEEHHHHHH* the vault door is open, we take our steps out into the cave with it was built into, the door closes behind us... All of a sudden I feel lost, what do I do? I stare at my once was home. Aliysa pulls on my arm. Bailey just waits with his arms crossed. We all walk together and push open the wood door into blinding light...

Everything white! white here white there!! Oh gods WHITE, I blink multiple times and focus, the ceiling is blue but I don't see the end of it, there is a big yellow glowing orb, the blue ceiling has weird white patches floating, I look down and see amazing mountains in the distance, giant trees loom over us, so our vault was in a forest? bailey and Aliysa are taking in the view as well. The trees only have few green leaves, rest are brown and crusty. The floor is brown and mushy. "Amazing" Aliysa breaths,

We start walking on the mushy floor the singing of birds is a lot better then the humming of the vaults genarators and neon yellows lights. We walk quietly soon one of us talks "not to bad here huh?" baileys gruff voice says "shh your talking really loud" Aliysa corrects "there's no one out here your just being stu-!" he's cut short by rustling in the bushes, a bullet whizzes past our faces. We stop confused and shocked "stop yer walkin! And start yer talkin!!" A rusty voice yells from the bushes "yer bein mugged!! Do yer have any of them fancy power weapons?!" Well that's a dumb question all we have on us is canteens of water, a medic bag full of stimpaks, bandaids and pain killers, some food, and we each have a bag of our own stuff. "No mister we don't we only have food and water" he laughs "water?! yer don't need water, have yer been livin in one of them vaults!? haha thanks to that lone wanderer she saved the wastes! She made a purifier that cleaned all water in the wastes!" Lone wanderer? "Mister do you mind coming out please?" Aliysa says sweetly "why sure little lady" he comes from the bushes and boy is he well equipped he has a rifle, pistol and a sledgehammer on his back. He is wearing leather armor and he has a hat I can see a first aid kit around his torso! I pull aylisa and bailey back "guys he so much stuff, we could use it!" Aliysa shakes her head "he has a point" bailey says "if we are going to survive out here we need those things" Aliysa thinks about it for a minute and nods "okay" I say "Aliysa charm him, bailey you and me tackle and knock him out then take his stuff" we all nod and turn back to the Alisya says "mister I like the looks of you" the man nods smiling "okay little lady!" He walks towards her, me and Bailey tackle the man, Bailey smashes a rock into the mans skull, blood leaks out "you weren't meant to kill him!" I shout, Bailey just shrugs.

Bailey holds his new rifle and wears his new hat, Aliysa feeling pretty good with a pistol and I have a new sledgehammer and leather armor. We keep walking "Aliysa that was good" I say, she shrugs "did you want those things?" "Yes" bailey says "that's what I thought" she says.