Chapter 8: Friend or Foe

The man looked at me with cold eyes, "Ripper" he said looking at the lead raider "take the girl and the boy into the shacks, I want Flynn and Rhett" he nodded, Ripper grabbed bailey by the wrists and wrapped cold chains around them. Bailey hesitated. "I'll put a bloody bullet in your head If you don't move" Bailey followed him. Ripper threw Maiya who was still fainted over his shoulder and walked to the settlemeant in the distance. I walked with the man, with Flynn behind me "sorry" he started "I don't want to hear it" I said "no you dont understand" he said "yes I do you tried to kill us" I say rage building up inside of me, he sighs heavily and holds his broken nose as it starts to bleed again.

We walk to an old mansion. Old bikes lay on the ground rusty and old, a teddy bear with a little skeleton lays aged with the nuclear wasteland we walk through the rusty door, the wallpaper was roses but now it peels off and cracks. I see a tv with a giant crack running down it. we walk into a old kitchen and sit down on wooden chairs at a table, a ashtray holds burning out smokes, drugs lay on the table. a bottle of vodka and whisky lay unopened. "I remember you Rhett" the man says "its me" my eyes widen and tears roll down my cheeks we stand up and hug "dad" I speak "yes son" he quivers. he pulls away and looks into my eyes "me and you, your mother we can go back to the vault!" My heart drops I look into his Amber eyes and I know he lost something over these years. The drugs, the drinks... He's changed he's snapped I look away at Flynn I say "no" he looks and replies "no?" "I'm not coming with you, this is my home, a new adventure!!! Isn't that what you wanted?" He shakes his head, "well son I thought this day differently, your never leaving my sight again you and your friends... and Flynn" no this isn't him! I grit my teeth and hold back tears "NO you made Flynn do this!" He laughs "no oh no, all we wanted was a bounty, your dear friend Maiya is a wanted criminal" he snarls. I stare into this dead eyes and breath heavy, I sit back down. "Where do you think she found those lucons? Those energy weapons? be careful out here son" and those are the words that hit me. 'be careful out here son? He said that in my dream. I shake my head "ohh remember those words do you. haha come on your my new prisoners" he pulls out a pistol and shoots my ankle. I fall to my knees and cry out, fresh red blood spills out, I lose sight and fall to the ground hitting my head hard.

I wake up next to cold metal bars and hit my head on the roof, a cage?! I'm in a fenced in courtyard with other prisoners in a cage by themselves or with 7 other prisoners. what is wrong with my father?! I look at my shot ankle and its wrapped in a bandage. Maiya lays in the cage next to me and moans as she rubs her head "what happened?" She sighs. Bailey rattles his bars loudly "assholes" he repeats we are wearing rags. Flynn is nowhere to be seen"wheres flynn?" I ask "heh I hope he died" Bailey says smartly I turn to Maiya. "tell me again what are you?" I yell "merchant" she whispers "are you sure you don't have a bounty maybe that's why the people of Sunnyville were scared of you" I yell
"Don't be stupid"
"I'm not"
She laughs nervously
"I know you"
"Fine you got me, I'm a thief, I've murded."
Bailey stares and frowns "so Flynn faked everything"
"No he was a brother of steel"
"An outcast?" I ask
"That would explain the red markings on his armour" Bailey sighs
"Yeah I guess"
I say "maybe while you were traveling together the Wolfgang saw you and knew who you were"
"Yeah and used Flynn to lead you to them" Bailey says
"Oh gods I was stupid" she sits with her head in her knees.

In the middle of the night we hear a thud and see Flynn get thrown in by ripper, "you pigs, you have training tomorrow!" He spits on the ground and walks out. Me and Bailey stare at Flynn, Maiya curls up in the corner "dont say anything turd" Bailey spits at Flynn, I look at Flynn with a look of worry. he walks to a cage and locks himself in. he sits with his back faced towards us....