August 11th 2014 (Same day)

"Guys this is our new friends Finn, Nolan and Nicola. Nolan and I used to go to school together." Grey said hi fiving the guy who just exited the room with Bennett. Good choice in friends.

"It was primary - but it still counts." Nolan said smiling. He looked at everyone until his eyes landed on me - then his smile faded and he looked away. I smirked at how uncomfortable I made him.

"Well introduce everyone - I'm Alex. Oh yeah - this is Bennett." I said smiling. She scrunched her nose at me.

"There are other people here." Zara said.

"I don't he cares about anyone else." I laughed.

"Alex." Grey said sternly.

"We are in the middle of the world ending - do you think it's appropriate to be doing that sort of thing." I asked.

"Alex!" Grey said.

"I said I did nothing." Nolan said.

"I'm sure you did someone - oh - I mean something." I said laughing. Grey walked up to me - clutching my arm and dragging me along with him until we were outside back in the grand foyer.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"What's wrong with me? Ask Nolan." I said.

"Look - I know Nolan and I know Bennett. I'm not dumb Alex I can see what happened but it's none of your business." He yelled at me.

"I don't get why you're getting mad at me." I said folding my arms.

"Because you're not being yourself."

"As if you'd know what I'm like." I interrupted.

"People talk Alex. Everyone has had only nice comments about you -"

"Please. Bennett and Zara hate my guts." I interrupted again.

"You don't know shit Alex! Why do you do this? Make me feel sorry for you and actually care than be a jerk to me. I'm just wasting my time." He said. I kept my mouth shut. "Why do you do that? Shut everyone out and when they try to help your rude to them?"

"Nolan didn't try to help -"

"If you think I am still talking about Nolan you're not understanding what I'm saying." He interrupted this time.

"I know -"

"No you don't know. You say you do but you don't." He said holding his hands up in defeat. "I can't handle this anymore." He walked away leaving me there alone.

+++

I sit on my bed alone. This house is so huge we each get a bed or couch to ourselves. There's a big metal gate out the front stopping Lurkers from getting in. I found a book called The Lonely Girl - coincidence I think not. I hear a knock on my door and I look up - wiping my damp face so people know I haven't been crying.

"Come in." I say only just loud enough for Willow to hear me. She pokes her head in and smiles; instantly recognising my puffy eyes and red cheeks.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I bite my lip and look down. Don't show weakness.

"Nothing." I lie, "Come sit down." I say patting my cream doona cover. She walks in slowly, closing the door behind her. She sits down next to me and studies my face.

"Sad book?" she asked picking up the closed book in front of me. I hadn't even started yet.

"Just sad; in general." I say.

"What made you sad?" she said.

"It's nothing." I said not wanting to dob Grey in. if I say he yelled at me she'll go talk to him, then he will tell her how much of a bitch I am.

"Alex, I am here for you." She said. I nodded and smiled. She is going to get it out of me. "Tell me." she added. "Alexandra."

"FINE!" I yelled. "Grey called me jerk and said that I shut everyone out." I blurted out closing my eyes.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"I put my nose into other people's business." I said opening my eyes.

"Well - I am going to put my nose in other peoples business and go have a go at him." she said standing.

"Please - Willow - Please don't." I said grabbing her arm.

"Why?" she asked.

"I'm scared if you yell at him he will tell you how much of a horrible person I am." I said.

"I honestly think he wouldn't."

"He would. He hates me." I interrupt.

"The way he talks about you says different." She said.

"Willow - trust me - he doesn't like me at all - he made it pretty obvious. Remember? Calling me a jerk and practically a bitch? He doesn't like me." I say.

"Well - let's go see." She said shrugging me off.

"No Willow!" But she was already half way out the door.