Chapter Thirteen

Finding Baylee

Chapter Thirteen

                                                                    Monday 7th of July – Maine USA

I walk to my locker putting my books away; I grab my bag feeling an arm wrap around my shoulders "you ready" I look up at Daniel, who is smiling at me. I realize that I am supposed to be rehearsing at his house tonight I nod, closing my locker.

On the way to his house, I felt awkward I don't know If it because I have never been to his house or, because I have no idea if his parents are home.  "Tell me about yourself" Daniel says out of the blue.

"What do you want to know" I ask, making him shrugs "Okay well I am a girl" I say sarcastically.

Daniel looks at me smirking "really, would you be willing to prove that" he asks, I laugh shaking my head, Daniel smiles looking back to the road. 

"Well, I think you nearly know everything, but...um...oh I want to be a journalist and when I was 6 I started dance lessons. I loved that, I stopped when I was 13" I say he grins.

"Why did you stop?"

"Well, because I wasn't allowed to be racing, I need money to pay for it, so I and a few guys put this dance recital together, to get enough money. The problem was my father found out what the money was for and the thing is I loved dancing but I loved racing more." I say looking straight ahead, but I didn't miss the way Daniel smiled at me.

I turn around to look at him, but he looked back to the road, before I could say anything it was probably nothing. I look around this expensive area. How much money do these people exactly own? "Were one of the wealthiest, company's/ families" he says

"I didn't say anything" I say, he gives me a weird look.

"You didn't have to; I could see it flying across your face, like a jet." He smiles, the heat rises on my checks, making me look down embarrassed "I am taking over my father's business after I finish high school" He says making me smile.

"Do you want to?" I ask, making him look towards me. Nodding

"Yer, I actually do. I have always like business and well, being a billionaire would be awesome" he laugh, I smile. "Here we are" I look towards the giant house. No cross that out. Mansion sitting in front of me, I couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of me.

We pull up in the garage getting out the car; I see about ten other cars. "Wow!" I say making him laugh; I look over at him smiling. Walking inside, a small little girl runs up to Daniel, grinning,

"Dan-Dan" she smiles, "I missed you but guess what" I look up hearing a friendly voice.

"Demi, Demi" I see Mrs. Jones walking towards us. She looks towards us, "Oh Daniel, you're back, um..." Oh wow, you could slice the tension with a knife.  I sigh stepping back.

"Mother your back" he ask, making her nod. "Is dad back" he ask, Mrs. Jones shakes her head no. "Then why are you here" he ask, I stare at him in shock

"Demi, come with me please" She says holding out her hand. She glares at him, than looking towards me. "Keep quite you to" she glares, I gasp does she think I am one of his flings.

"Mother, this Baylee Johnson." He says the middle aged lady looks at me.

"Baylee, darling I'm so sorry, I thought you were on of my sons, whores" she smiles, apolitically. My jaw dropped open, watching as she walked away.

"Sorry" I look at Daniel, who is grinning.  I glare at him.

"And how many whore exactly to do you have" I smirk, ha-ha like I really care. Hmm, sure ya don't.