Chapter 7

The call was from Asher's school so it was very important to me so, I grabbed Rose by the hand dragging her to sit next to Hunter telling her i had to answer this. Hunter's smiled had got even bigger. He looked at me but i kept walking so I could answer the phone.

"Hello."

"Sissy daddy is." he was crying and coughing i could barely make out what he was saying. 

"Asher baby what's wrong."

"Sissy daddy is." he was scared of our dad we all were but I didn't see why he was calling dad wasn't suppose to be here. He comes the first of every month. 

Some one behind me grabbed my phone  "I'm sorry but miss." The headmaster stopped talking. You could here Asher crying even louder now telling him to give me back the phone. Which he did with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry." i just nodded.

"Sissy daddy is back he's at home I saw his truck pass the school."

"Asher listen to me ok calm down and do not go home.Let me get there first ok. I repeat do not go home I'll get you today."

"Ok sissy."

School was about over anyways and the headmaster had already left the hallway long before Asher started talking. I hung up this day can get worse and to think it was going so well to.

"Hey baby." I heard Eli's voice behind me.

"Don't call me that you damn manwhore." He looked surprised by my comment . I have no time for this. When i turned to leave he caught my wrist and waist and shoved me against the lockers. "Don't you want your stuff."

"I do but i'm in a hurry right now." I pushed away only to get slammed back against the lockers. "No can do. You see you haven't given me what i wanted yet." and that said he started kissing my neck. I felt like i was going to throw up but before I could Eli was on the floor. I looked up to see Blake. "Go out side and wait by my truck." I was doing as told when one of Eli's buddy's stepped in front of me and he had my stuff this bitch.

"I saw you with that nerdy girl should we mess her up too." 

"Touch her and your beyond dead."

"Why do you say that does a Creek boy likes her or is you the one."

"It's the first one jackass and."

"Well then I'm not scared of them."I punched him hard giving him an upper cut to the jaw and he went down hard. "You should be scared of them anyone could kick your weak ass to the North pole." I grabbed my stuff and ran to Blake's truck. He came out a few minutes after me. " Weak ass to the NorthPole." he said and I just shook my head. 

We were silent most of the ride. When we passed Asher's school they had already let out. On Monday's Beth picks them up and I told her to not get them today but no Asher didn't listen he went home. Maybe we can beat them I hope so.

"I saw you kick Mike's ass you protected my brother why?"

"I like Hunter he's sweet and him and Rose look so cute together I can't have some asshole messing up there relationship plus he was in my way and had my stuff."

"Yeah and that dress is a little small too."

"Your not my mom."

The rest of the way we were silent. When we pulled up I felt sick. I saw my dad's rusty red Chey sitting in the driveway. NO time to waste I got out fast and was about to go inside "Can I get my shirt and stuff back." 

"o yes I'll be out in one second." I walked in and shut the door quick only to turn and see my so called father hit Asher.

"Don't touch him." I screamed as I ran up and hit him. He wasn't like Mike he didn't go down or flinch. "Asher go." I whispered. 

"No." he said quietly. I looked at him for a second telling him to go before pain went through my head. I was on the floor while my father stood over me screaming words I couldn't make out. Pain shot all over my body then everything went black.

When I woke up I was in my bed with a throbbing head. When everything came back I shot up and ran down the stairs to see Asher coming out of moms room. "Asher." I slide on the floor trying to get to him as fast as I could. "I'm so sorry I should have got home sooner I are you ok." I searched his body looking for something only to find a little purple spot on his cheek. 

"Come here." I grabbed him and put him on the counter. "Sissy I'm fine It's just a bruise." I sucked in a deep breath I say stuff like that to him so he doesn't worry and it hurts to know he's doing the same. "Kids aren't suppose to say that." "You say that. And your a kid.. i'm fine"

I grabbed a pack of frozen peas and placed it on his cheek. "It's not fine you didn't listen I told you."

"Sissy I can't let you take all the hits for something I did anymore I'm a big boy now and it's not fair to you." He knows to much to be 5 I let tears run down my face it's time.

"I think you and Cole should stay with Sara." She's one of Beth and my friends.

"No" he screamed. "You can't make me."

"Bubba Sara is a good person and dad wont know where ya'll are."

"No sissy you can't I don't like her."

"You know that women adores you."

"Her cooking's bad it could kill me." Those two words hit hard.

"you two are going."

"no."

"I'm the oldest and I say what goes."

"no mommy does where is she you told me she."

"Well now it's different." Silence ..I yelled at him. "I'm sorry it's just not safe here and."..

"Did she leave like Kylee." I couldn't answer. Asher knew about Kylee or of her. "How long did you know mommy wasn't coming back." I could see the tears in his eyes which made me tear up more. 

"It doesn't matter your going to Sara's."

"No sissy someone else said we could stay with them and his brother's he said you would trust them and that you where coming with us too."

"Bubba how do I know this him and someone has to stay with dad . Where is he anyways?"

"In the basement."

"o ok." That wasn't out of the ordinary.

"Yeah we locked him in there."

"What." Cole started crying so I kissed Asher on the cheek and wiped his tears then ran upstairs to check on Colby. When I walked back down I could hear Asher talking to someone. "Asher honey who are you talking to?"