Chapter Seven: "Well, she's nice."

Sandy pointed at her,

"you see the girl in the red jacket? That's her."

I immediately turned to look at who she was pointing at. My jaws dropped.

"He likes Michelle?" 

Sandy nodded.

I knew who she was. Michelle was a girl who attended the same music class as me. We sat next to each other in the beginning of every class before collecting our instruments. I used to see her while walking to my dad's car to go school every morning, before I moved. She was a nice person to talk to. But she was last person that I thought Kevin liked. But who couldn't? 

Michelle loved my artworks and my sketchbooks. She always admired turning each page and complemented the drawings and sketches that filled them. It always made me happy to hear the things she said. Michelle even was the first one to introduce my creativity to my music teacher, who instantly fell in love with my sketchbook. There was this one time where she wanted me to draw her hand in my sketchbook, since I was into drawing limbs at the time. She was really excited when I finished sketching her hand, it made me incredibly joyous. 

I saw the things that Kevin saw in her.

The things that he didn't see in me.

I was in my mind for a couple of seconds until Sandy teased, "You're jealous that Kevin likes Michelle, aren't you?"

Ugh. The "aren't you"s this month.

I hesitated, "no. I'm fine with it." Sandy raised an eyebrow and asked, "you sure?" We walked over to Aylyn and Mayra.

"Well, she's nice," I answered, trying hard to cover the anxiousness in my reply. Aylyn and Mayra caught onto our conversation and giggled. "Raima, are you really sure?" Sandy questioned a second time. I sighed and put a fake smile on my face, "yes. I'm okay if Kevin likes Michelle. I mean, I'm not that into him." The three shared glances and chuckled.

"Yeah, right." They all said sarcastically.

The four of us walked towards the yard. Aylyn, Mayra and Sandy walked away as if the awkwardness didn't matter, but I walked away with the sense of heartache.