Chapter 2

Same Mistakes

Chapter 2

Anthony's POV

"I looked at an angel today, but the angel could not see me. The angel was more amazing than beautiful, like the best forgotten dream." ~ Delano Johnson, Words That Changed the World

        "So, where to?" I asked, stuffing both my hands at the back pockets of my pants. She bit her lip for a while. Didn't she know that it drove me fucking wild?!

        "Can you, uh, put your shirt first..." Oh. Oh! Nice, Masen!

        "I'm sorry for making you really uncomfortable," I scratched the back of my head.

        I dug my bag - not to mention we're in a street - and put on my white plain shirt. Jesus! I just finished my damn shift at Hades club when I heard the unmistakable and faint "help me" somewhere outside. I didn't bother that I was shirtless, because motherfucking dammit, someone might be ravaged out of time in this dark, cold January night.

        "Comfortable enough?"

        "Uh, yeah," she said, and even with the little amount of light in the streets, I could see her blush like a tomato. I didn't notice that my throat was raspy and dry, so I tried to clear it subtly, but I of course failed.

        "HM Building," I heard her mumble quietly.

        "Uh, what?" I asked, slightly dazed from watching the beautiful blush that crept on her face.

        Beautiful. Yeah, a girl who decided to walk in a dark and dangerous street of Chicago in this goddamned time. Fuck! Why was I so concerned with her well-being? It's not like I am her boyfriend, for fuck's sake! No, shit! Why would that word even be inside my head after meeting her for the first time and under some serious circumstances?

        "Anthony?" I turned to her, snapping back to reality.

        "Uh, what was that again?" I ran my hand through my hair, which was needed to be cut. 

        "I live in HM Building," she repeated. Could I get anymore lucky? We lived in the same building, but how come I'd never seen her?

        "I live there, too." Her face lit up like a child waiting to open her present on a Christmas eve. Damn it! When did I get too absurd with women?

        We walked along the quiet street, and I thought that my body was burning, as if electric shocks were radiating from both of us. My hand was brushing with hers every time we walk, and I resisted the urge to grab and hold it in mine. Fuck. She was silent the whole time, clutching her bag with the other arm. I took a couple of glances her way, and damn it if she wasn't beautiful.

        Marie's brown locks were in disarray, but she looked entirely beautiful; I thought God was punishing me by being mere inches from her. Her brown, doe eyes were round and innocent with strong and long eyelashes. And her lips - damn , her lips - they were a bit pouty, but plump and very reddish in color. Fuck! Checking her out was a bad idea; she's very young.

        The urge to talk to her was already creeping through my system, much more kissing her in the damn street after saving her life. I could be a tad pathetic sometimes, I know. I wonder how her lips would feel in mine? Would it fit so perfectly, as if we're some kind of puzzle shit? I cleared my thoughts concerning her and scolded myself for thinking that way.