TWO | HEADBUTTING BETAS

Rhea wrapped her grey cardigan around herself as she watched the Lacrosse team head onto the field. She foolishly decided to wear a white loose tank top that was tucked into a pair of light washed skinny jeans in fall weather. Thankfully, Lydia had an extra cardigan in her locker that she no longer wanted. Her cardigan was long and almost touched the floor. Rhea pulled her thick hair behind her shoulder as she watched Stiles sit on the bench. She excused herself from Lydia and Allison making her way down to Stiles. She plopped down on the bench Stiles was on, freaking him out. "Hey, Stiles," Rhea said, smiling at Stiles' expression. "R-Rhea, hey. What are you doing here?" Stiles asks, nervously, scratching the back of his head. Rhea listened to his fast-paced heartbeat. Rhea looked down, a shadow of a smile on her face before looking back up. "You know my brother has good intentions. He just doesn't know how to express them." Rhea lightly laughed, scanning Stiles' hazel eyes. Stiles focused on the light trail of flecks along her face. He also noticed that she straightened her hair, making it look soft and delicate. His eyes trailed back up to her green ones. "You seem a lot friendlier than Derek," Stiles said, softly. Rhea smiled wide, her white teeth shining brightly. He realized that her whole demeanor was completely opposite to her older brothers. She seemed more calm and gentle than him. Yet again, Stiles had only ever seen his angry side. He didn't know Rhea and Derek's relationship. Rhea was kind, which Stiles thought was shocking, considering she's a Hale. "Derek can come off as rude sometimes, but he really means well." Rhea defended her brother. She knew Derek frightened other people but Rhea saw him as a big, overprotective teddy bear who likes to hide his emotions. Rhea and Stiles' attention was turned to Scott who was getting lectured by Coach. Rhea noticed that something was off with Scott. "Oh no." She heard Stiles mumble under his breath. "Stiles, he's gonna turn," Rhea whispered to Stiles as Scott was getting ready to try again. "I know," Stiles breathed out, running his hands across his newly cut hair. Rhea stood up as Scott charged at Jackson. Scott rammed his body into Jackson's stomach, flipping Jackson over his shoulder. As Jackson crashed to the ground, a sickening crack was heard. Rhea raced over to Scott who was kneeling on the ground, clutching his head in pain. "Scott, look at me," Rhea told him, kneeling down in front of him. Scott looked directly up at Rhea, taking in her calm exterior. Scott was shocked that Rhea would be helping him after the way he acted towards her last night. Rhea cupped his face to see his golden supernatural eyes. "We need to get you out of here," Rhea said, nudging his head down. Stiles slides next to her, checking to see if his best friend was okay. "Scott? Scott, you okay?" Stiles says, grabbing his shoulder. Rhea looked behind her and saw everyone crowding Jackson. Allison was staring at them and looked like she was attempting to walk over to the trio. "Stiles, we have to get him out of here. He isn't in control. Allison is coming." Rhea rushed out as she made Stiles help her get Scott up.

"Right here? Now? Come on, get up. Come on. Come on." Stiles carried most of Scott's weight as Rhea ran ahead of them. She opened up the door for them, spotting Derek in the distance. He nodded at her and walked away. She rushed into the boys' locker room. Stiles sat Scott on the bench in front of them. "Come on, here we go. There. That's it. Are you okay? Scott, you okay?" Scott looked up at Rhea, who stood behind Stiles. She knew that look all too well. She grabbed onto Stiles' arm, gently shaking it. "Stiles, you might want to give him some room." Rhea cautioned, making Stiles roll his eyes. "He'll be fine." Stiles swatted at her arm and waved off her warning. Scott lunged at them, but Rhea pulled Stiles back. "Get away from me!" Scott roared. "Stiles, run!" Rhea called back to him as she pushed him out of the way as Scott tackled her to the ground. Scott raised his claws to strike at Rhea's face. Rhea kicked at his abdomen, causing him to miss her face. She rolled out from under him, pushing her self up with the help of a bench and running to one of the lockers. Rhea grabbed a lacrosse stick, turning around quickly. She barely had enough time to block an attempted hit from Scott. Scott split the lacrosse stick in half with one swipe. Rhea punched Scott in the face and spun around to run. Unfortunately, Scott grabbed her wrist, his claws digging into her wrist. Rhea bit her lip, ignoring the pain. Scott's claws swiped across her stomach, ripping open her tank and shredding up her bandages from the night before.