THREE | BROKEN GLASS

Rhea arrived at her chemistry class early, sitting in her usual spot that was tucked in the middle corner of the room. She pulled out a sketchbook and started tracing a random face, not knowing exactly who it was yet. She shaped the jawline perfectly. Next, she drew the nose. The nose was quite small almost like a button but pointed at the end. "Whatcha' drawing?" Stiles popped out of nowhere, admiring her artwork. She shrugged as she shaded around the nose, giving it a realistic look. "I don't know, yet." Rhea hummed as the bell rang. Stiles smirked one last time before retreating to his seat next to Scott. While Mr. Harris scribbled on the chalkboard, Rhea tuned in her hearing to her friends' conversation. "Could have been animal blood. You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something." Stiles suggested. Rhea assumed they were talking about what happened on the bus. Derek informed her late last night that the alpha tried to get Scott to kill. "And did what?" Scott asked innocently. Rhea swiped pieces of hair behind her ear to help her hear them better. She felt a pair of eyes on her, prompting her to glance over her shoulder catching Stiles' eyes. Her green eyes crinkled, a bright grin spreading across her lips.  A goofy grin was flashed back at her. "Ate it," Stiles stated, not taking his eyes off the girl a few seats in front of him. "Raw?" Scott asked, incredulously. "No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything." Rhea let out a small laugh catching Stiles's attention before the teacher called him out. "Mr. Stilinski, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while. I think you and Mr. McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?" A couple of people laughed at the boy as his face displayed a helpless expression. "No." He dramatically begged. Harris pointed Stiles in the opposite direction of where Scott moved. Stiles spotted the free spot next to Rhea and plopped down next to her, glaring at Harris. "Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much." Rhea smiled briefly at her friend, receiving a warm smile in response.

Rhea had already finished the notes they were assigned. To pass the time, she continued to sketch. She drew up the basic outline of an eye, then she shaded the orbs in with a pencil and a mixture of blues and greens. Rhea smiled at her artwork with appreciation. She felt like she recognized the eyes but she shook it off. "You're really good." Stiles' eyes were wide with amazement. Rhea sheepishly smiled. "Thanks," She thanked him, quietly, embarrassed that he was watching her. She never showed people her artwork, not even Derek. He probably didn't even know that she liked drawing. "Can I have a piece of paper?" Stiles asked which Rhea nodded to, immediately giving him a blank sheet. A book blocked her view from seeing what he was drawing but she saw the humorous glint in his eyes. Stiles quickly grabbed an assortment of reds, yellows, blacks, browns, and blues of pens, coloring in his drawings. Stiles quickly folded the paper and scribbled some letters on top. Stiles handed the paper to her, an excited smile on his face. Her name was neatly written on the top in cursive. "Open it." Stiles chided. Rhea snorted at his actions, but covered her mouth with her hand in embarrassment from her laugh. But Stiles found it cute how her eyes crinkled whenever she laughed at his jokes or how her snorts were adorable and quiet. "Hey, I think they found something." A girl shouted snapping the two out of their conversation. All the students rushed to the window. They see a few paramedics bring out a guy on a stretcher. "That's not a rabbit." Rhea rolled her eyes at the beta's remark. Stiles dangled his arm on Rhea's shoulder and she didn't mind. The man shot up and pushed against the paramedics, screaming. Everyone screamed, jumping back, even Rhea. Stiles' hands clamped onto her shoulders, holding her in place. Her back released some of her tension. Her head turned to look up at him, their gazes connecting. Rhea nodded her head in a small thank you. Stiles cleared his throat and pulled Scott and Rhea away from the crowd. "Okay. This is good, this is good. He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that." Stiles reassured his best friend glancing at Rhea who was focused on the ambulance outside.  Scott looked at his best friend in fear. "Stiles, I did that." The bell rang and the trio went their separate ways.