SEVEN | ALL CONTROL IS LOST

The long weekend was over and Rhea was not looking forward to school that morning. News spread around that a group of students were targeted and trapped inside the school by alleged killer Derek Hale. Fortunately for those students, their identity was kept hidden from the media and everyone else. Unfortunately for Rhea, she was related to the suspect and therefore, she was in the news as well. Everyone had school off while the police searched for Derek. Rhea barely slept since that night, the lack of sleep making her constantly exhausted. Her eyes fluttered open as she gazed up at the ceiling, not moving to get up. A tired feeling washed over her as she shifted the heavy covers off of her body. Rhea had lazily pulled on black leggings over her legs, jumping up and down to fit the soft fabric over her hips. After pulling a warm white long sleeve on her body, she slowly shuffled out of her room and to the bathroom, running right into a frantic Stiles. Stiles caught her arm as she did for him.

"Hey, I have to go pick up Scott, do you need a ride?" Stiles asked as he fiddled with his keys, a kind grin on his face. Rhea leaned against the threshold of the door, rubbing her tired eyes. "No, I think I'm going to walk," Rhea told him, turning to the bathroom door and not noticing his smile drop. He wanted to make her feel better but he didn't know how. Rhea locked the wooden door behind her, turning to the sink. "You can do this," she muttered to herself, trying to boost her self esteem. "It will all be okay," she whispered before splashing freezing water in her face. The temperature of the water seemed to wake her up for a moment. She cringed at the dark circles under her eyes. She still had ugly bruises on her face and an unfortunate cut lip. She sighed, giving up on trying to boost her energy and ended up twisting her reddish-brown hair into a fluffy bun that had curly strands sticking out of it.

While she stepped into the bathroom to do her hair and other necessities, Stiles had slipped into her temporary room. He placed her bag that she had left in his room on the floor as well as a dark blue zip up hoodie. Smiling, Stiles left her room, glancing at the bathroom door, then leaving to pick up Scott for their early morning lacrosse practice. Rhea had exited the bathroom and searched for her white vans that were no longer stained in her blood from the horrid event that happened nights ago. She noted that she had to thank Melissa for teaching her the cleaning trick. Rhea leaned down next to her backpack, looking through the pockets to see of there was enough space to bring clothes from her house over. Her eyes drifted to her bed, seeing the dark blue hoodie. Rhea had smiled, but only a small one, when she wrapped the zip up around her. The hoodie felt comforting and made her feel safe. Plus it had Stiles' scent all over it. Mint gum and some type of cologne that smelt of citrus and campfire. The combination sounded weird, but it truly was an amazing smell. Rhea tossed the black bag over her shoulder, grabbing the extra keys to the house and leaving. Rhea set off down the sidewalk, throwing a pair of vintage sunglasses on to shield any chance of anyone seeing the silver that so desperately wanted to show people who she was.

°°°
Rhea stalked through the halls, her hood up as she tried to ignore the whispers and stares. Her back was straight and head down as she avoided any confrontation of some sort. The students stares held pity, hate, and disgust, making Rhea's stomach feel unsteady. Her eyes were glued to the floor as she sped walked to her locker, opening it and placing books she didn't need in the small compartment. Rhea could see Allison and Lydia across the hall, looking in her direction like everyone else in the corridor. Her ears picked up on some of the conversations in the hall.

Her brother was the one that trapped those students.

Stay away from her.

She could be as dangerous.

She's probably just like her brother

A murderer.

A monster.