SEVENTEEN | CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

The brunette girl made a mistake by not strapping her seatbelt on in the back of Stiles' jeep. He had to have been breaking all speed laws as he sped to the edge of town. In the backseat of the surprisingly comfortable car, her eyes were wide as she held onto the seats by her nails. Rhea huffed, blowing her hair out of her face as she watched the road ahead of her. Sharp spikes came into view as the jeep raced forward. "Watch the spikes, watch the spikes!" she shouted out in warning, making the jeep screech to a stop. Her body flew forward towards the front windshield, a small shriek escaping her lips. Stiles was just fast enough to grip the back of her jeans by the loops, stopping her from flying and tugging her back as she landed in his lap. "This is why smart people invented seatbelts," He lightly scolded the girl who responded with a mock smile. The trio eyed the spikes, huffing out in annoyance. Nothing could ever be easy for them. "What do we do now?" Stiles asked before turning to Scott who had already sprinted after the supernatural creature. His jaw went slack as he watched Scott hop over a fence, disappearing into the abandoned lot. Rhea got off his lap, sliding over the middle counsel, and settling in the passenger seat. She looked down at her phone, reading the new message from Scott. "Scott says he's heading in the direction of the club we passed a few blocks ago," Rhea notified Stiles. "Why do I always have to be the sidekick?" she heard Stiles mumble. She didn't get to reply as Stiles switched the gear into reverse and sped away, this time she buckled up.

The duo scrambled out of the jeep as they parked at the back of a club. "He's over there," Rhea informed Stiles as they snuck up behind Scott. Rhea lifted her hand to touch Scott's shoulder but he jumped when he sensed the two. "Holy crap," Scott breathed out, his back hitting the wall beside him. Stiles waved his hands around, jumping as well. "Sorry, I'm sorry," He rambled on as he adjusted his disheveled shirt. "Did you see where he went?" Rhea asked while peaking around the corner, eyeing the long line a few feet away. "I lost him," Scott sighed, avoiding the judgemental looks coming from his friends. "Fan-freakin-tastic," Rhea mumbled while glaring at the ground. "What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles scoffed as they watched the entrance of the club, hoping to see Jackson back in his human form. "I don't think he has one," Rhea claimed as she tried to breathe in any other supernatural scent around the area. "All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked Scott as if he knew everything. Rhea spotted a door right next to them, twisting the knob to see if it was locked. "To kill someone," Scott shrugged. Stiles stared, blankly, at the side of his face with a no-kidding look. "Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Rhea looked away from the door, her brow raised at Stiles' attempt to lighten the mood. Scott looked unamused. "What? Guys, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense," Stiles justified, prompting a quiet snort to come from the brunette girl beside the boys. Stiles sent her wink before looking back at his werewolf friend. "Just help me find it," Scott grumbled, clearly fed up with his friends. "Not "it." Jackson," Rhea spoke up, reminding the boys of the teen trapped inside the lizard. "Yeah, I know. I know," Scott sighed, looking down at his shoes with a shameful expression. "All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles spat out question after question, causing Rhea to settle her hand on his shoulder. "I mean, I don't think so," Scott sighed as he thought about it. Rhea shook her head at the question. "Jackson already passed Derek's test anyway. There is no way my brother could suspect him," she told them while rubbing her hands on her arms to provide heat. "Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" Stiles asked, his eyes moving between Scott and Rhea, his eyes lingering on the latter. Scott kicked at the dust on the ground. "I don't know,"

"Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? So, when's the kanima, not the kanima?" Rhea prompted them, impatiently waiting for Scott to pick up on what she was saying. "When it's Jackson," Scott realized. Rhea scanned the top of the building, her eyes blowing wide at the sight of Jackson scaling the club. Without looking away from the kanima, Rhea smacked Stiles' shoulder, repeatedly. "What? What?" Stiles huffed, grasping her arms to stop her before he glanced up in the direction of her stares. Stiles' expression dropped and he slowly forced himself and Rhea back. Both teens struggled with each other, The two trying to push the other behind them. Stiles reached forward, attempting to grab Scott, but he continued to stumble back. "Uh, dude," Stiles' stammering caught Scott's attention who backed up as well, seeing Jackson climb through a high window. "See that?" Stiles asked. "He's inside," Scott confirmed. "What the hell is he gonna do in there?" Rhea scoffed as she glanced between her friends. Rhea realized that she was still clutching Stiles' arm, and quickly let go, clearing her throat to avoid the awkwardness. "I know who he's after," Scott announced, the brunette girl following his eyes to the line of guys. She spotted Danny, her shoulders shrinking at the thought of Jackson after his best friend. "What? How? Did you smell something?" Stiles questioned, frantically. Rhea took her hand and grabbed Stiles' chin, forcing it into the direction of the familiar teen. "Armani."