Love and A Lie

"You don't have to pretend anymore Arnav, I know the truth. I know that it was all a lie, a dream that was far beyond my reach." Khushi spoke sadly, walking away with one of her friends.

Arnav closed his eyes, "I was not lying Khush" He called out dejectedly "It was all real."

Arnav had never felt the need to commit to a relationship, that is until he lost his heart to certain hazel-eyed beauty precisely five months ago.

Khushi, a mere middle-class orphan had caught the attention of the most eligible bachelor, and the son of one of the major benefactors of the college without even trying and managed to make him fall head over heels in love with her. Arnav was the epitome of an ideal boyfriend. He pampered her, was loving, possessive, protective and what not. Arnav's family loved Khushi more or less like their own for changing their Arnav for good even though they hadn't yet met the girl in whom the life of their Arnav resided.

"Fir apni Khushi ke khayaalon mein gum ho chotte? (You're lost in your Khushi's thoughts again?)" Anjali asked mischievously.

Arnav grinned.

"Phone nahi aaya aaj unka? (Didn't she call you today?)" Anjali asked further.

Arnav shook his head, "Uski shift late khatam hogi aaj.(Her shift is going to end a little late)"

"Toh aap humaari hone-waali bhabi ko miss kar rahe hain? (So you're missing my future Sister-in-Law)"

"Yaad toh unhe kiya jaata hai na di jisse insaan bhool jaaye, mein apni Khushi ko bhool hi nahi sakta toh usse yaad kaise karunga? (We need to miss those who we forget, I can never forget my Khushi so why will I miss her?)" Arnav asked his sister curiously.

Anjali laughed, "Toh hamaare chotte romantic bhi hain? (My chotte is romantic as well?)"

Arnav shrugged.

Everything was as perfect as a dream, and unfortunately, their bliss caught the eyes of many. Arnav hadn't been in many relationships before Khushi, but the number of girls who envied Khushi for being 'the one' for Arnav was beyond her imagination.

Sheetal, a rich spoilt brat was obsessed with Arnav from the time she had entered the college, but Arnav had never spared her a glance, The little chance of getting close to Arnav that she had before vanished in thin air upon the arrival of Khushi in Arnav's life.

After he met Khushi, She was all that mattered to the hot-head Raizada who was the complete opposite of what he was with others whenever Khushi was around. .

"I have to do something." Sheetal thought, as she drooled over Arnav who was busy working on an assignment which was due the next week, typing away on his laptop.

Soon sheetal got her chance, Arnav and Khushi had fought over something and an overly irritated Arnav had snapped at her and told her to "leave him alone and get the heck out." And that "She was not his wife" not knowing his annoyance would cost him something much more precious than his life itself.

It was a silly fight, which could be sorted out if not for Sheetal Kapoor's untimely and un-needed intervention. Sheetal had filled Khushi's ears against Arnav with all sorts of lies about him being a playboy and using girls for his own benefit and eventually leaving them shattered and heartbroken. Sheetal presented Khushi with all sorts of proofs, Forged Pictures, Recordings and Videos, testimonies from various girls who were 'allegedly' the victims of Arnav but Khushi's faith in her Arnav was not that easy to be broken. Fate however it seems was on the wrong's side.