Arnav ki Khushi

Happy Birthday ArShi_Angel

May god bless you and fulfill all your wishes. May your day be full of joy, smiles and happiness. May this year, like many others to come be by far the best year of your life.

God bless and always, always be happy.

It was a completely normal day in the office. The employees were working in their cubicles, with their boss Arnav Singh Raizada pacing the lengths of his cabin trying to call someone.

"Where the hell were you Khushi? I have been calling you for the last ten minutes!!" Arnav screamed as soon as the call got connected.

"I'm in the design studio Arnav-ji." Khushi informed him "The model will arrive any minute."

"Do hell with the model! I need you in my cabin in five minutes." Arnav said sternly.

Khushi sighed, Arnav heard the sounds of his employees in the background. "Arnav-ji, I'm stuck here!!" She told him.

"Do whatever you're doing, I'll see you at the shoot." Arnav said softly, "Don't exert yourself alright?"

"I'll take care." Khushi assured him

"I love you." Arnav confessed softly

"I know" Khushi teased him and cut the call before Arnav could say something.

Arnav settled back into his chair with a soft chuckle. The person who did not believe in love and marriages had fallen for a girl so deeply and madly that he could not imagine his life without that girl. Love changes us all, He had heard his sister say a million times, but not once did he believe her words to be true. That is until, he realised the truth himself. He glanced around, a smile formed on his lips. His cabin had changed, even though not substantially but the change as perceptible as anything.

His cabin, for example had a lot more colors, which in itself was a huge change from the usual white walled (although elegantly designed) cabin. There was a photograph of Khushi resting on his table, right in front of him. He had added a couch and a small coffee table in the cabin for their (unexpected) lunch dates in the office. Curtains had become an essential element of his cabin (again, those dates!!) A section of his bookshelf which always remained stacked with files was now devoted to Khushi's favorite books. He chuckled, looking at his bookshelf. It had a copy of "Fifty Shades of Grey" which Khushi had never dared to open let alone sit and read. Last but not the least, their cabins were connected to each other, making it easier for him to sneak into her cabin or vice versa without attracting the attention of the whole staff.

His cabin in the office, much like everything else in his life was a constant sweet reminder of the fact that he was now married. He was now married to his woman, for nearly a year. His Khushi. The girl who had filled his life with love, colors and happiness, the girl who had changed him for good, He reached out for the photograph on his table. It was a recent picture Khushi was wearing a saree and laughing at something his sister had said to her when he had snapped the picture on his mobile.

They had indeed come a long way, he realised. He was no longer the rude, brooding boss and she was no longer the cute, nervous and clumsy intern who had captivated as well as agitated the ASR but the ruler of his heart.

***

Khushi had entered his life three years ago. She was an Intern in his company, and was a team member of Lavanya Kashyap. She was a chatterbox, mixed well with the staff, made friends and in no time was the whole staff's favorite. And why not? She was the literal personification of light and happiness. Arnav was not left untouched from her charms. Khushi's acquaintance was something inevitable considering her amount of talent and hard work.