Chapter one:

That day started like any other day. Wake up, shower, eat breakfast, and figure out what I wanted to do for the rest of the day. But this time it was different; It was a new town, full of new people. And there was still an entire week to pass until school started. So what better way to meet new people then to show up at some random party, some guy told me about while at some sketchy convenience door. I think he said his name was Fezco. He was kinda cute, and totally fuckable.

"Hey," a female shouted behind me.

"Hey?" I questioned, turning around to face the darker skinned girl. She looked sweet, I think I had seen her earlier at the convenience store.

"You got a light?" The dark-haired girl asked.

"Yah," I replied, reaching into my pocket.

She stepped forward taking the lighter out of my hand.

"What's your name?" The girl asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Lily," I replied.

"Rue, you new too?" Rue questioned.

"Just moved here a couple days ago, yah," I spoke in a disembodied tone, rubbing at my arm. The flame from the lighter kissed the tip of her cigarette, cherrying the tobacco. The actions set my own cravings spiraling. Truthfully it was a habit I was trying to break.

"Well, see you around," Rue smiled, and with a nod she was walking into the house.

I followed behind Rue straightening out my pastel pink dress. The music was loud, but the teenagers were louder, yelling in every direction.

"Get the fuck out of the kitchen!" a male voice shouted from the kitchen.

The sound of glass shattering  and the swarm of people that flooded out of the kitchen caught the attention of everyone in the room including mine. 

"Nate is pissed," someone whispered behind me in the crowd. I moved beside Rue watching the drama unfold.

"What the fuck are you looking at? Who are you?" The dark hair guy shouted towards a small blonde girl.

"I'm Jules. I'm a friend of-" the fragile girl started speaking, pressing herself against the counter. She looked scared. But he looked so incredibly sexy.

"You're a friend of, uh a friend who whose? 'Cause you're not my fucking friend." Nate circled the kitchen, shouting like a crazed lunatic.

Things escalated quickly. This Nate dude was an absolutely asshole. But who was I too judge. I've done worse. We all watched as he pressed the small girl in the corner screaming in her face. But the events changed quickly as she pulled a knife from the counter and pointed it in his direction.

"You wanna fucking hurt me?" Jules screamed back, a look of horror on her face.

"No, no, no," Nate replied, stepping back, "See? You're a fucking psycho."

"I'm fucking invincible," Jules screamed back, slicing her own wrist with the knife.

"You're a fucking freak," Nate spat back in disgust.

"By the way, I'm Jules," Jules said to the crowd of people who watched instead of protecting her before  walking out of the room.

Jesus. This place was going to be a lot different then back home. These people were all psycho. Nate shook his head, grabbing one of the bottles of liquor of the counter that wasn't smashed. Everyone laughed in disbelief and carried on their way. Nate walked down one of the hallways with the bottle in hand. And stupidly I decided to follow after him.

"Why did you do that?" I questioned, causing the shirtless boy to stop in the middle of the hallway.

"And who the fuck are you?" Nate spat, turning around.

"You're an asshole."

But, we all knew that already.

Nate chuckled. "Of course I am."

I scoffed, watching his movements. He was your typical rich boy who was used to getting what he wanted. His eyes moved down to the end of the hallway, pain flashed in his eyes. I looked back, seeing a dark-haired girl walking with a boy following behind her. I'm pretty sure they were the same couple that was just fucking in the pool that everyone was talking about before Nate started smashing shit and threatening innocent girls.

"Ah, that makes more sense," I commented, grabbing the bottle from his hand.

I took a sip of the liquor, letting the familiar taste burn down my throat. Nate watched me curiously, but he stood silent.

"So I'm new here. And you seem like the typical dick-head who knows everything about everyone. So I propose we drink and chat for a while," I spoke quickly, handing the bottle back to him.

"Fine," he mumbled, leading me into one of the empty bedrooms.