Chapter Seventeen

"Mr. Palladio, you and your party can get ready in here." One of the church people showed them in and shut the door behind herself and allowing them their privacy. Jonas hung his suit bag on the rack in the corner and looked at his two groomsmen, his best man, and his soon to be father-in-law. A huge smile lit up his face, despite his otherwise jittery appearance. Tony slapped a hand on his shoulder and looked at him reassuringly.

"Come on, let's get to it." The men slid into their suit pants, white button ups, fixing their crimson ties, and finally pulling on the stark black jackets. Jonas slid his red handkerchief into the breast pocket of his suit. The groomsmen wore turquoise handkerchiefs. Once they were all ready, they made their way to the altar and waited while the guests arrived and took their seats.

Everyone was chatting and catching up with friends, new and old. Tony was chatting with Jonas' parents when he noticed Danielle poke her head through the large wooden doors and motioned that the bride had arrived. He nudged Jonas and then talked to the officiate. Everyone sat in the pews, save for the groomsmen and Tony. Tony quickly rushed down the aisle and out to the waiting women. When his eyes landed on (Y/n), his breath hitched in his throat. She was absolutely stunning in the dress he had picked out. He then looked to his daughter and a tear slid down his cheek. What had he done to deserve a day like this?

"Don't cry, daddy." Dani smiled, hugging him. She fought hard to keep her own tears back as to not ruin her makeup before she even walked down the aisle. He carefully kissed her cheek and wiped his eyes.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" (Y/n) placed a hand on Dani's arm. She nodded slowly, taking a shaky breath. Tony took his place on her left, (Y/n) on her right. He took her arm in his while her mother held her hand and squeezed it gently. Danielle once more looked into the church and nodded. She took her place with the other two bridesmaids.

The two massive doors opened and everyone stepped forward in perfect unison. The gathered mass stood as Dani and her parents walked down the aisle. (Y/n) smiled when she saw how Jonas looked at his soon to be bride, the love and hope in his eyes were a wonderful sight. Tony kept his eyes on Dani and (Y/n), taking in their looks of happiness. When they reached the altar, Tony kissed her cheek and let her go, stepping back to wait for (Y/n). (Y/n) stood in front of her daughter, tears in her eyes, and softly brushed a stray hair from her forehead before kissing the top of her head. Slowly, she too let her go, joining Tony and they took their front pew seats.

As Jonas and Dani recited their vows, the rest of the room was silent. Tony reached for (Y/n)'s hand without taking his eyes off the two in front and she took it, bringing it to her lips to kiss his knuckles quickly. Danielle caught the action from her spot behind Dani, sending her best friend a grin before returning her attention to the ceremony when asked for the rings.

"Now before the people who have assembled here tonight, and in as much as you have each pledged to the other your lifelong commitment, love and devotion, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Those who all The Powers of the Universe have joined together, let no one put asunder." The minister looked between the two young people in front of him, and with a smile, spoke the final words. "You may now kiss the bride."