01.Waikee! Waikee!

I walk briskly down the lonely streets, trying to get to the building I see ahead,but it seems to get farther away with every step I take.

How ironic,it seems the things in my life derive some twisted humour from leaving me behind.

I rub my hands against my arm in fast strokes trying to warm myself a bit.The weather is as cold as it gets by 2am in the morning.

Finally,I get to the building.I walk up the stairs, trying not to groan as my muscles protest the imposed exercise.When I get to my door,I fish for my keys In my clutch purse.

"Where the hell is it?" I mutter, still looking for it.

I palm my face trying to calm my breathing enough to think rationally as I try to replay the scene from when I left the house.

As I run through my memory trying to remember where I put my keys,a very important information that a normal human won't forget finally gets to me.

"I have a roommate" I say as if to re instill that very important detail in my mind.I and my roommate had agreed previously to  hide the key under the foot mat to make it easier for us both since we have different work schedules.

I fish under the mat and finally get the key and open the door.

As I walk in,I remove my human hair wig and throw  it along with my clutch purse on the couch by the side of the door.We had just one because our room was very small.Here,it's called a "self-contained" because it is generally meant for one person with a comfortable space, kitchen and bathroom.

Unlike some people who feel a sense of peace when they get home,I just feel like sleeping.My job takes a lot of my time,so all I mostly get to do in my humble abode is sleep.

I strip to my undies and fall atop my small bed angel style.I sigh,as I fall asleep.

Knock! knock! Knock!

I jump off the bed as if doused by a bucket of water from the Antarctic.

"Brianne! Briii!! Open this door!" Yells the person on the other side.

I get up from the bed, finally noticing the streaks of sunlight streaming through the windows.It must be at least 11am already.

"I am sure the whole world can hear you,they must also know my name as well" I grumble as i rub the sleep from my eyes while making my way to the door.

I remove the latch,turn the key twice and in comes my noisy roommate/bestfriend.

She looks at me from head to toe with her hand held mid air, registering my state of undress.

"Like what you see?" I ask sarcastically.

She Huff's and throws throws her head back and walks in like the drama queen that she is.

She throws her wig and bag on the couch,she sits and removes her shoes and makes her way to the bed and falls on it,angel style.

I smile.

It was a ritual we started when things were still good in our lives,when it seemed like we still had a supreme being watching out for us.

"How you dey?" I ask.it's a typical Nigerian greeting.It basically means how are you? Or how are you doing?

" I dey ooo" she replies with a tired smile.That smile had become rare of late.My roommate is a curvy,5ft7 with cocoa coloured skin.She was the complete idea of a beautiful black woman.She had the kind of figure that made men speak in different languages.