06.A Litte Spark

I break eye contact and stare at my feet.Looking at him does things to my insides.Its weird.

"Have you had something to eat?"he asks,as if sensing my confusion.

"Yeah,in the morning"I reply.

It should be around 2pm by now,for some obvious reason my appetite has been off of late.But all of a sudden,I feel ravenous.

That's shocking.

"Ok then,let's go grab something to eat"he says, already turning to open the door of his car.

"Did I tell you that I am hungry?"I ask, irritated at his high-handedness.

Is it some kind of birth defect he has?

He huffs a breathe and turns around to look at me with a solemn look on his.

"Please,MADAM.Will you have lunch with me?"he says with emphasis on the "madam".

Now he is overdoing it I think.Who is his madam? I'll have him know I am a young lady.He says the "madam" as if I am an old woman in need of hearing aids.

The nerve of the man!

"Since you asked so nicely,GRANDPA,I'll have lunch with you" I say, feeling very smug.

I love having the last laugh.

"Thank you,MADAM"

Why did I have to like this arrogant,fine faced,full bearded,pink lipped, bright smiling Ray of sunshine.

Urgh!

I walk to the Passengers side,open the door and climb in.As I fasten the seat belt,I remember that Grace would be worrying since I told her that I wasn't going far.So I fish out my phone from my tight fitting blue jeans and text her, letting her know I am going out with the BriMan.

I know she would be dying of curiosity.At this point we were going to dance a cultural dance on the roof of our building.Because there are a lot of unspoken words to be "said".

As he drives,I realize I have no idea where he is taking us to.

"Where are we going to?" I ask.

"Somewhere" he replies vaguely.

Many women pray for a man of few words.Now that I am seated beside one,all I need is a man of many words.

Would it kill him to tell me exactly where we are going? It should be a punishable offense to give vague answers.

After a few minutes,he drives up in front of a very expensive restaurant.Even I knew I did not belong in this kind of place with my faded jeans and frayed tank top.

I am sure he knew I would have refused to come if he told me where we were going to.Now I can't even refuse because everyone will notice.

As we step in,I promise myself to make sure to order as little as possible so I could pay back with the cash I had on me.

We stepped in and each took a seat.After a while, a beautiful waitress came to take our orders,he didn't look at her at all,his eyes were on me while he asked what I will have to like.So I picked up the menu and my eyeballs almost fell out.

Two thousand naira for a bottle of water! Is it holy water?

What I did not know was that I practically shouted my thoughts to the whole restaurant.

This son of a gun just laughed,he should have been embarrassed.I was.

Ok,so I tried again.

I ran my eyes down the menu and this time I couldn't help myself.