19.A Flash To The Past

It's so dark and I am cold, I stand from the bed and walk towards the door, wondering where Ray is at.

"Ray?" I yell as I walk out of the room. I hear nothing so I walk towards the stairs, thinking he might be in the sitting room.

Once I get to the foot of the stairs, I step into something wet and sticky. I look down and see that I am standing in a pool of blood, I try to run but I can't move. I try to scream but my lips feel swollen. Tears roll down my eyes as I stay rooted to the spot, unable to move.

"Bri?" I hear as if from a universe away.

I turn towards the sound, only to see two bodies on the floor, arms stretched towards each other.

No, it can't be.

I run towards them only to be met by a gruesome sight. They both seemed to have bullet wounds with blood spurting out of them at an alarming rate.

I cover my mouth with my hands as tears flow unhindered down my face. I watch as those unknown faces turn to that of my parents.

I start to scream as loud as I can as I hear that haunting voice, that voice that hasn't left my mind in all these years.

"I'll always love you Bri baby" I hear in my mum's voice.

I rush towards where she is laid and she grabs on to my arm as I apply pressure to the wound on her chest.

"Don't leave me again mummy" I say on a sob.

She runs a hand across my cheek and says;

"Find her! She'll keep you away from them" She says as blood starts to pour from her mouth and she slumps again.

I start to shake her as I sob, feeling my heart break into a thousand pieces.

Bri! Bri! Bri! Wake Up!

I wake up with a start as I feel Ray run a hand across my cheek.

"It's ok now, it was just a dream" He says in a soothing voice.

It all felt real to me, I was back there again.

I start to shiver as he continues to sooth me and rub my back in calming strokes.

"Would you like to tell me about it?" He asks.

I shake my head as tears start to pool in my eyes. I reach to wipe them before they fall, only to realize that my cheeks are already wet. I must have cried in my sleep.

He reaches for me and pulls me into a hug, that's all I need as I finally let go of that last string of strength I had been holding on to.

I cry and sob as I hold unto his shoulders for dear life.

I grab his face and mesh my lips to his. Anything to forget.

Before long, it turns into a heated embrace, as I lean in to deepen the kiss further, he breaks the kiss.

"No, you aren't feeling well" He says, trying hard to rein in his desire.

"I am totally fine" I reply as I grab the front of his shirt to pull him towards me.

He pulls back and replies;

"You are running a temperature. Moreover, you don't really want to do this. If you do, you won't forgive yourself"

I finally see the point and lay back down.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

I am about to tell him that it hasn't been that long since I ate until I notice that it is dark outside through the windows.

"Not really" I reply as I turn and put my back to him. A normal person would have taken that as a sign to stop all further discussions but Ray is far from normal.

"Well, you have to eat something or you'll get really sick" He says again.

"Then I'll get sick because I don't want anything" I reply.

"Why do you always have to be stubborn? If you won't make a choice, then I'll make it for you" He says, sounding really frustrated.

I do not even reply as I wrap the blanket tightly around myself, pretending not to know that he is burrowing holes into the back of my head.

He heaves a breathe and walks out of the room. I  close my eyes and before long, I dose off again.