Chapter 2 Part 3

~                ~   ~ (Alice)

“This whole garden is so huge!” I marveled.

Rouge nodded, still keeping his eye on me, “I'm glad you're enjoying it, Alice. This whole place… Even how I got here… It was all made possible due to you.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

He ruffled my hair, “My mother was a tyrant before, when we were still meeting. I was forced to live in the woods, lest she kill me. That's when I met Shiro. And then you… I persevered because you gave me motivation. And I finally overthrew her and made this place perfect so you would like it here.” He twirled a strand of my hair in his fingers, “I've never been so happy. I've been waiting to see you for so long, Alice.”

I didn't say anything as Rouge embraced me.

He pulled away suddenly with a worried look on his face, “I'm not making you uncomfortable am I?”

I placed a hand on his forearm, “N-no, I just don't know what to say. No one's ever cared about me before, much less to this extent. I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed.”

“I'm sorry!” He exclaimed.

“No, it's fine, it's fine.” I smiled, “Though… I do have to ask. What is it exactly you feel towards me…?”

“You're the most important person in my life!” He answered almost immediately, beaming, “I've thought so since long ago!”

My face grew hot and I nodded, “S-so a good friend…?”

Instantly Rouge shook his head, “No! It's more than that… I want to be more than that with you!”

There was a long silence and I felt a great need to bury my face in my hands, but restrained myself.

“Then… a kiss would be alright…?”

His eyes lit up, “Really?!”

Excited as he was he looked as though he was not sure how to initiate the interaction.

“S-so do I--”

I leaned forward quickly and planted my mouth on his. When I withdrew his eyes were a little wider.

“O-oh,” it took him a moment to process, at which point he hugged me tightly. “You're still the same as always.” He laughed. “Thank goodness…”