Chapter 21

Butch was driving to blue hills. A old building that usually is reserved for clubbing, that buttercup and her sisters used for their concert.
Butch thought when he received the text message from buttercup that she was upset he missed her perform. It went his fault. He was tutoring Amy at math and lost track of time.
Oh well, he'll just apologize later.
Once he reached blue hills, he got out and went inside. Everyone was gone. He opened his phone to see the time.
2:13am
He looked around to see buttercup sitting at the bar drinking water.
"Um, buttercup? Hey I got your message, you do know it's late right? We have school tomorrow babe"
Buttercup put her glass down with a bit force.
"Babe, huh?"
Butch raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah? Are you ok, not drunk are you?"
"I'm assuming you also called Amy babe while you were with her that night. Oh wait...you probably couldn't have done that with your tongue down her throat, now could you?"
Butchs eyes widened.
"How-how'd you-"
"Find out? Your side hoe texted me a picture."
Buttercup got up and grabbed her bag, already feeling the tears in her eyes.
"Buttercup you have to know it didn't mean anything! I was upset and she-she was there!"
He said while walking after her.
Buttercup turned around fast.
"And- and what? I wasn't?! I'm sorry butch, being raped and bullied could make you a little distant!"
Butch felt tears in his eyes realizing what had happened, what was happening.
"I'm so sorry..." he said while looking down, tears filling his eyes.
Buttercup couldn't hold it anymore.
"I want to b-believe you.." she stopped for a moment to try to wipe her eyes but the tears kept falling.
"But I-I can't!"
Butch too was now sobbing.
"I know we're over right about n-now. But let me just explain? It won't make up for anything and it's not supposed to....please."
He said while still looking at the ground.
"When you first got raped, you were distant. I knew something was wrong but you wouldn't tell me...wouldn't let me in. Then you weren't yourself and I'm in no place to judge you, I'm not.
But with you feeling down and being a different person...I didn't know what to do. I love you, more than life and afterlife itself, I know it didn't seem like that but I do. You are someone I will choose over anyone and anything.-"
"But you chose Amy over me..."
She whispered. Holding herself.
Butch squeezed his eyes tight. His hands Turing into fists.
"And I'll never forgive myself. I needed someone who could make me forget about what all was going on. It-it was consistent tears with you. And you'd show up covered in blood. I just needed someone with a normal life. It wasn't thrilling, and it wasn't worth it. And if I could I would change everything and be there for you but I can't."
Buttercup, still crying said.
"Yeah well, at least you were able to hit pause on your life and live as someone else. When I had to live mine alone."