Chapter 6: Present Day

Mark's Pov
Later that morning, we all gathered around my phone anxiously as we called the developer of the game. It took a little bit of tracking down but we eventually found them so here was the moment of truth. Or so I thought.

"I'm sorry to say this, but my game didn't curse you," I heard on the other end of the line. We had successfully begun to talk to whoever was there about what happened. But in an instant, my stomach dropped and my heart rate increased with one simple answer.

"What..?" I mumbled, dumbfounded. The developer answered that whoever sent me the game in my fan mail cursed me. There were no other reports of the game affecting anyone and while they had put curses in the story of the game, they didn't use any real ones. We thanked the developer for what information they had given us and ended the call. I buried my head into my head and sighed softly. I had thrown away any way of tracking down that "fan" long ago. What was I going to do?

I suddenly felt a gentle hand on my shoulder before it gave a light but reassuring squeeze. Surprised, I looked up to see it was Amy. She was giving me a sad smile and I couldn't help but give a slight one in return. I reached my hand up and took Amy's hand into mine, holding it tightly as our fingers interlaced. I felt two more hands on my other shoulder. I turned my head over and saw it was Tyler and Ethan doing the same thing.

"Don't worry Mark," Amy said softly.

"Whatever happens," Tyler continued, "we'll always be here for you."

Ethan nodded in agreement. Right then and there, I realized how true that was. They hadn't left the moment they found out I was a monster. Instead, they were there. They were trying their best to understand and support me. I smiled a bit more. For now, we couldn't reverse whatever weird curse this was. But...at least they'd all be there for me to try to help me through this until we find a way to do it.

~~~~~~~Wow. That was a very long flashback~~~~~~~

"So, you guys still don't know who cursed Mark?" Kathryn asked. Everyone shook their heads.

"But we are still trying to find whoever did it," Ethan answered. Kathryn nodded before yawning softly. I looked over at the clock to see it was already midnight. I guess it was a really long story to tell. We had even shown Kathryn the video of me transforming as well since she asked if we still had it.

Amy must have noticed the time too since suggested that we should all go to sleep. Everyone agreed and went off to their respective rooms. Amy and I went to our room and eventually fell asleep. As usual, I transformed back to myself at what I had to assume was sunrise and went on with my normal routine.

I got up and threw some random clothes on before heading down to the kitchen to make coffee. As the coffee machine started to brew, I got a call from my phone. Who would be calling this early in the morning? Confused, I looked at my phone to see the potato himself, Jack, was calling! I smiled softly and answered the call.

"Hey, Mark!" Jack said excitedly on the other end of the line. Man, he never seemed to run out of energy.

"Hey, Jack. What's up?" I replied.

"Well, I have a bit of space in my schedule so I was seeing if you wanted to hang out for a bit. I can come down to LA and visit for a week or so."

I smiled widely.

"That sounds awesome! When do you want to come down? Just to make sure my schedule's clear too, you know?"