Chapter 7: Confessing

Mark's Pov
A couple of days seemed to fly by much to my misfortune. I still hadn't come up with a way to tell Jack but the time to do it was becoming shorter and shorter. I was currently driving to the airport to pick Jack up, my hands gripping the steering wheel tightly while I nervously tried to figure out how the hell I was going to do this. I sighed softly as I pulled up to the doors where Jack was already waiting. I guess I would just have to be upfront and honest about it.

Well, right now wasn't really the time to worry about telling him. Right now was the time to spend time with one of my best friends. With my nerves gone for the moment, I stepped out of my car with a wide smile on my face. I immediately spotted Jack, who started to walk over with an equally big smile.

"Jack!" I said while Jack and I gave a quick hug.

"Mark! How are you, buddy?"

I gently shrugged.

"I could be better," I said. Little did he know how true it was.

"Are you ready to goof off and do other bullshit for a week?" Jack laughed softly and nodded.

"Definitely."

Before I knew it, days passed in what seemed like a flash. Tonight was the beginning of the moon phase and I had to tell him before ten, which seemed to be around when I usually transformed. I sighed softly as I made my way towards the living room. Jack was sitting on the couch, casually looking at his phone. I walked over and sat down on the couch next to him. It was already five pm so I was slowly running out of time. It was now or never. Jack put his phone down and looked over at me with a smile.

"What do you want to do tonight, Mark? It's still pretty early." He asked.

"Well, I actually kinda wanted to talk to you about that," I said.

"Ok, what's up?"

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck.

"You see," I said, "There's really no good way to put this so I'm just going to be blunt with it. I'm a werewolf and there's a full moon phase starting tonight."

Jack stayed quiet for a minute before beginning to laugh.

"That's a good joke, Mark. A little random and weird, but a good one."

"I-I'm not joking Jack..." I stammered. Jack waved his hand, dismissing the statement.

"Yeah right. Werewolves are just in horror movies and video games. They're not actually real!"

I wasn't really surprised or offended that Jack didn't believe me. I understood it was a crazy thing to just say out of nowhere. But, for his safety, I was going to have to make him believe.

"Ok, fine. You want proof then?" I sighed softly.

"Sure, if you can somehow find any." Jack chuckled. I gave a slight smirk and began to transform. At this point, I had memorized what it felt like to go back and forth between my forms so it was getting easier to change at will. It was still a little difficult though so the process was a bit slow. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes again and I was fully transformed. I looked over to Jack to see he had reeled back and was pressed against the far end of the couch.

"M-Mark what the hell?!" He yelled. It took every shred of willpower to not give him a smug smile. Instead, I quickly changed back to myself and raised my hands up.

"It's alright, Jack. Calm down." I said. Jack eased up a little and smiled at me with a playful glare. He then grabbed a nearby pillow and threw it at me.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down when my reality is shattered." He chuckled.

I laughed softly as the pillow softly hit me. "Ok, fair enough."

We sat there quietly for a moment before Jack spoke up.

"Ok, so let me get this straight," he said. I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"You're an actual werewolf and you tell me now because of a full moon tonight?"

I nodded.

"This week is a rare situation where there are two full moon phases in a single month so it's one of the only times I won't have control of myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't be so worried about it and we could enjoy ourselves."

"Alright...What are you going to do to keep yourself from  attacking us though?"

I gently rubbed the back of my neck and sighed softly. "I'm going to have to lock myself in the garage or in the basement until morning..."

"That sounds awful...It's only for one night, right?"

"No, it actually lasts for three nights...But technically speaking I change every night. The only difference is that I can change back as soon as it's over when it's not the full moon."

Jack nodded.

"Look, I'm sorry you've got to go through that Mark...And I'm sorry for not believing you but I've just never seen anything like this." He said. I gently shook my head.

"No, it's ok. I completely understand where you're coming from. I tried to deny it at first but obviously, I was proven wrong. And as far as the control thing, it's not really a big deal. It happens sometimes. Besides, it's a rare occasion so it's not like it happens all the time."

Jack nodded his head again and gave a small smile.

"I guess that's good. Thanks for telling me though. That probably wasn't the easiest thing in the world to tell me."

I chuckled softly, "You have no idea."

Jack laughed softly and then we sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes. I then looked at Jack and hummed softly.

"I've still got a long while before I've got to lock myself in the garage. What do you want to do?" I asked.

Jack shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know," he said. "What you have in mind?"

"We could play video games or fuck around with Ethan and Tyler," I suggested.

Jack laughed, "That sounds like a good idea."

I laughed softly and nodded. I stood up from the couch and Jack did the same. Walking upstairs, Jack and I went to Tyler's room first. I gently knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before Tyler opened the door and stood in the doorway.

"What's up Mark?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said. "Just came to see if you and Ethan wanted to do something with Jack and I. I've still got a lot of time before the full moon tonight."

Tyler nodded and smiled.

"Sure, that sounds fun."

Tyler has now joined your party. Next, we went over to Ethan's room. I did the same process all over again. I knocked on his door, he came out and we asked if he wanted to join us. He said yes and even suggested we do another "Markiplier Makes" but with Jack. I thought it sounded like a fantastic idea. So, we got everything set up and decided what to make. This time we decided on waffles for the video. This was going to be fun.