Chapter 8: Full Wolf

Mark's Pov
Ethan, Tyler, Jack and I spent time recording the new video for almost two hours. We had a lot of fun doing it despite what was going to happen later on that night. Before I knew it, the time had flown by from editing and general goofing around and it was already ten minutes till ten pm.

I quietly walked to the garage with a small blanket Amy had insisted on giving me for some comfort. I shut the door behind and locked myself in. I then quickly set up a small area for myself that was safe from knocking anything over but still had enough room for me to have a good range. That way, I wouldn't tick off the wolf and it would be more cooperative with me on full moons.

I sat down and sighed softly. Usually, my wolf was pretty tame but we still had to take precautions like this just in case. That didn't mean it still kind of sucked though. I suddenly felt a familiar ache begin to grow in my chest before a mind-clouding headache formed as well. I took a deep breath and just let it happen so I could get the night over with, my vision fading to black like I was falling asleep.

The next morning, I woke up sore, as usual. I sat up from where I was lying down with a soft groan. My clothes were still intact so the wolf must've not been too active last night. I got up, grabbed the key, and unlocked the door. Yawning softly, I walked to the kitchen to go have breakfast and coffee.

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Jack and I played video games together for a while. We even managed to record a few videos in the time we had. Unfortunately, the day didn't seem to last very long since it was already time for me to lock myself in the garage again. I followed the same routine as the day before and walked to the garage. The only difference was that my area was already set up so I didn't have to do much. Just like last night, I sat down and the aches started up before my vision faded to black.

Ethan's Pov
While Mark was locked in the garage, Jack and I were casually sitting in the living room. We were both sitting in a comfortable silence scrolling through whatever was on our phones. Everything seemed fine until there was a sudden banging sound coming from the garage. I jumped in surprise, almost dropping my phone,  and looked to Jack. We both instantly knew it was Mark. More specifically, the wolf inside of him. There was another loud bang followed by cracking.

"Ethan, is that door locked?" Jack asked.

I nodded and answered, "Yeah, but it's a wooden door. I don't think it's going to last very long if it's trying to escape..."

More cracking sounds came from the garage and then a crash. My stomach dropped and there was no doubt I went pale too. Everything seemed to freeze and stand still for a few minutes and it was terrifying. Curiosity was getting the better of me so I got up off the couch and slowly walked towards the hallway. I cautiously peeked around the corner while Jack was right behind me. It was dark in the hallway so I couldn't see very well but I could make out the destroyed garage door and the dark silhouette of Mark's wolf form.

Immediately I could tell it wasn't Mark and backed up from the corner before it could spot us. Unfortunately, it must've seen me because the wolf began to growl from the end of the hallway. I looked at Jack beside me.

"Jack, run," I whispered. "Tyler and Amy should be upstairs. Tell them what's going on and I can hold Mark off until Tyler gets down here to help."

Jack glared at me.

"Ethan, there's no way in hell I'm leaving you down here to get mauled," he whisper-yelled. The wolf was still growling in the hallway except it was getting louder. The light clicking sound of claws hitting the wooden floor filled the room and "Mark" was getting closer.

"I'll be fine. The wolf is more used to me and Tyler than you so it'll be easier for us to handle him," I said.

Jack sighed softly, "Fine but I'm coming right back with Tyler. Just stay safe...ok?"

I nodded and Jack reluctantly ran upstairs. I glanced back to the hallway beside me. The wolf was extremely close now, the growling sounds like it was almost right next to me. Ok, Ethan, think. How do you escape an angry wolf? Hiding seemed like the best option until Tyler got down here. I definitely wouldn't be able to take it on by myself without getting hurt. But on the other hand, if Tyler and worked together we could do it easily. So, let's look for a place to hide.

I had to move fast since the wolf was getting closer. I quickly glanced around the room, not really finding any good places to hide until I looked beside me to the kitchen. There were a few cabinets that I was sure were empty so I quietly snuck to them. I slipped inside and waited, listening for footsteps and "Mark's" growls. Soon, I could the rush of Tyler's heavy footsteps coming downstairs and I got out of the cabinet.

Tyler was standing at the bottom of the stairs with Jack and the wolf was now in the living room. It was standing in a predator-like stance and was glaring at them, growling lowly. I started to slowly move towards them to try to not be seen. I was about halfway towards them when it took a sudden lung at them. I gasped and sprinted to the wolf, tackling it from its side before it could reach them.

We rolled on the ground until it had me pinned under its paws. That was such a bad decision for me but at least it kept Tyler and Jack from getting hurt. The wolf was trying with all the energy it could to snap and bite at me but I had my hands clasped tight around the muzzle to have some chance to fight it. My arms started to ache a bit under the full weight of "Mark", especially my shoulder, but I pushed it aside and threw it off of me. I took my chance and quickly ran over to Jack and Tyler.

"So, what's the plan? The garage door is destroyed so we can't lock him back in there," Tyler said. I took a moment to think while the wolf was getting back up.

"What about the van?" I suggested. "He wouldn't be able to break the windows or the doors."

Tyler nodded.

"Alright, that will work. We just need to go at him all at once so he can't get us. Ethan, you and I can come from the back while Jack, you distract him from the front."

Both Jack and I nodded before all three of us looked over to the wolf, who was now back up on its feet. Tyler and I began to sneak away to the farthest sides of the room to avoid it but get to the back at the same time. It growled loudly at us and its head moved back and forth trying to watch us until jack started yelling and waving his arms to grab his attention. With its gaze fixed on Jack, Tyler and I quickly made it to behind the wolf and prepared to grab it. I looked to Tyler and he mouthed a countdown from three. On one, he and I rushed forward and grabbed "Mark" by his arms and lifted him up so he couldn't do anything but struggle and squirm.

Tyler and I immediately dragged the wolf towards the garage and eventually to the van. Jack quickly threw open the back doors before Tyler and I hauled it into the big back area. It tried to escape as soon as it landed in the van but we shut the doors and locked them before it could get us. Tyler breathed a sigh of relief and Jack chuckled nervously while it still raged inside the van. I smiled slightly before hissing softly in pain as my shoulder now made itself more present. Both of them looked over at me with concern as I gently held my shoulder.

"Eth, are you ok?" Tyler asked. I nodded.

"I-I'm fine. My shoulder just hurts a bit," I answered.

"Ethan you're not fine," Jack exclaimed. "Your shoulder's fucking bleeding!"

I looked over at my shoulder to see that it was bleeding. A lot, actually.

"Here, let's head back to my room. I've got a first aid kit in there and we could see what's going on," Tyler said. I nodded and we all walked to Tyler's room quietly. Once there, Jack and I sat on the bed while Tyler grabbed the first aid kit.

"Can you take your shirt off so we can see your shoulder?" Tyler asked. I nodded and tried not to blush as I did so. (Yes I'm adding Tythan to the story now.) Tyler's eyes went wide and Jack's jaw dropped as we looked at my shoulder. Unfortunately, while I had tackled "Mark" and rolled to the ground, I had managed to get bitten. My face paled and my stomach dropped in realization.

"Shit."