prologue

Warning

This Is not going to follow the original plot, I am going to completely change to plot to mould my story around it. Elena and Jeremy will discover that the supernatural Is real. The mikeasons already live in mystic falls sooner and in this version, everyone including supernatural have soul mates and few ever find them. Klaus finds still broke the curse on his werewolf side, but without Elijah's help bonnie out a different way to resurrect Elena.
I dont own vampire diaries or the characters. The only one I own is alex.

opening

It is said few people ever find their mates or true happiness, ever since my birth I knew I would not be one of the few who find their mates. Unlike like most people who have 1 or 2 soul marks I have multiple all down my arms and legs, I'm a freak who may never find love or a caring family. They say a soulmate completes you as before you find them half for you is gone and once found you are whole. See I have 15, it's the most known this means my soul is split 16 different ways, I've been told if I don't find some of my mates by the time, I'm 19,currently I'm 17 so 2 years in I will die of heartbreak. Ironic right. I mean soulmates are meant to complete you but without mine I will literally die.

Prologue

My name is Alexandra scarlet gilbert , people call me Alex for short. I'm the younger sister of Elena and Jeremy gilbert. Out of my siblings Elena's the prettier one , of course that left me I her shadow Elena was one of the few in our town to not have a mark meaning she was a different kind of special, I deemed this to be her gift, were as I bared a curse, 15 marks. The most hear of in the whole world, 15 different people. This oddity meant I was always being forgotten due to my strange habits from my soul marks and the fact that what I would later discover as "gifts", and I still bear a "curse" of lost soulmates, 15 to be exact.

Nearly everyone in the world would have a mark to represent their soulmate, some people never found them somewhere born without there and so the markless would move on with their life.

Unlike my family I've always been my own sort of strange world, I have flashbacks of a time when I was happy and surrounded by those, I love but they can't be real, I've never been in love also the fact in all these "dreams" I'm wearing cloths which are hundreds of years old. When I first had a flashback to this dream, I told my parents of the family I met, I remember when I said there name my parents panicked and told me to forget it or something worse would happen.

I didn't understand how a few names would cause them to panic. Well I didn't understand yet.

Of course, I decided to talk to my odd uncle john, every time I had met him, he looked pained when he saw everyone's favourite gilbert, he told me that everything I once knew was a lie. He somehow convinced my parents to let me live and travel with my uncle. Only once we left, I found out my uncle had to be crazy.

He went on able vampires and how I was promised to be the mate of the most powerful people to live. I ran out of the hotel and into a dark alley way. That's when I realised my mistake. Some creepy men with glowing eye ran and attacked me, my uncle saved me but decided to lie to my parents saying I was unsafe, and I was attacking him. I was later looked up in an insane asylum.

What I didn't know is the night my uncle left me to be locked up for the rest of my life was the same day tragedy hit my family. Well what was left of my family. The very next day I found out I couldn't leave without a guardian's or parents' permission and just my luck. I discovered my sister and parents had been in the car and drove off Wickery Bridge with only the beloved Elena living. The worst part was I couldn't leave to help my family and only john knew where I was.

My name is, and this is my story, this is how I escape and discover the truth, I am the forgotten gilbert, but many know me by another name. I am the red queen and I back to take my throne and save my family. Bonds have been broken and many will need to be reformed. With the truth being found I will shatter the shackles of lies bound to all. And have my revenge.