chapter 1 planning escape

Chapter 1 - planning the escape

Dear death diary, the sun had entered through what was called my room it's more like a cell. Another day gone. See before I was locked up at age 17, I found out I most likely had 2 years to live. Oh, don't worry I'm not ill, its due to my 15 soul marks. Yes, you read this right 15, yep well anyway due to being locked up I'm not met any of my mates and it's killing me. I've been locked up for 6 months now, so I have about a year and a half to live, roughly 547 days.my guards call me insane due the number of marks cause me to act like split personality's each from different mate and the fact day my day I'm dying.

After writing that I close my diary and get dressed making sure I cover my soul marks. As I leave my room, I enter the hall and head to the kitchen on my way I hear the guards whisper " apparently there is an old vampire family and I just so happened to find one of their numbers. They told me that they are searching for some girl. The insane gilbert."

As soon as my name is mentioned I gasp and turn to walk back to my room, on my way back I grab a phone for a guard. Once making sure I'm in my room I open the phone. I type in a number which I saw on the guard's notes which was under my name. the name written was Elijah , I decide this stranger maybe my best bet to leaving and hopefully living.

The phone ring 3 times then I hear a voice "hello, who is this and how pray tell did you get this number." His soft voice asks.

I take a deep breath , this is it my one chance, "hi is this Elijah, I have news on one of the gilbert family members."

"I am Elijah, but you never answered my question who is this and how did you get my number."

"fine ok , my name is Alexandra. I'm currently living in an insane asylum but I'm not crazy I swore. I got your name off a guard as well as a number. They mentioned my name and how someone was looking for my family the gilberts and I thought I might as well try to escape; my full name is Alexandra scarlet gilbert and ill help you find my family if you help me please." Then in barely a whisper "I really don't want to die here of all places."

Then I heard him sigh , "I'll help you Alexandra, I will be there in 2 days and set you free, in return you will tell me all you know and help me reunite both our family."

"thank you and I promise I will , I'll see you then. Goodbye Elijah and once again thankyou you don't understand what this means." Relief exploded throughout me.

"oh, I truly do understand and it's no problem, please until we meet in person call me Mr mikeason." He then hung up. And it felt like a bomb drop, that name it's the one from all my impossible dreams.

"Mr mikeasons." I say the name and It flows of my tongue it just felt right. Maybe , no its impossible or is it. Is he the one or are they just a dyeing girls dream? Maybe I am just mad. And with that I go to bed. Praying I can survive until then.