6| Percy

"Why aren't you looking at me you filthy scum?" Annabeth asks loudly. Percy honestly didn't think he could hold his head up anymore, he was too weak. "Maybe I would," he starts, his voice was rather hoarse, "if it wouldn't burn my eyes.." He went to suck in air just as he felt electric pulses all over his body.

"Oh did that hurt? Sorry." Her voice lacked emotion. "So-" Percy was cut off by a short wall of coughs. "Di...did Lukey give you a new toy?" Even Percy was surprised at his acting skills. Annabeth seemed angry. Percy wondered what gave it away? Maybe it was the newly formed knives in his sides....that's always fun right?

Percy's body spasms he coughs up yet more blood. "Huh..You actually have blood left..I'm impressed, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth's foot steps grew closer, Percy couldn't even flinch. Annabeth jerked his head so he looked into her gray and black speckled eyes. "If you think for a second that anyone cares about you, you're wrong. They're not even trying to look for you, and your "bro," Jason, is rising up to take your place as Camp leader and not even thinking about you. And if you think that your dad is going crazy missing you, then stop. They're crazy, alright, crazy partying because you're finally gone. Just face it, Percy. People only cared because you were famous....Look at you now..." She smirks evilly, "you can't even keep your own head up."

She socks him in the jaw before walking away. "You don't have to remind me of that, Annabeth. Don't you think I know that?! I know. I'm not worth anyone missing and no body cares, you don't have to remind me. Heck, you made that clear the first day I was down here! And that's great from him, I wouldn't want me having a 'play date' with you to keep him down from what he deserves more than me!" Annabeth looks at him peculiarly, he held his head up, but it wasn't that far up. "J-just kill me, Annabeth. Whatever you're using me for is worthless, because I can't do it. And honestly death would feel a heck of a lot better than this."

Annabeth slowly approaches him, holding a knife in her hand. "Maybe you're right, you know?" She digs the knife into him and he gasps at the pain as she twists it. "After all, you're just a trophy really. To show all of Olympus that maybe "The Great Perseus Jackson" isn't so great after all." Percy is guessing she only kicked the sword out of him for affect as she walked away.

Percy's body weakly thrashed and convulsed as whatever the heck was on that blade coursed through him like a river in his veins. He didn't even care anymore--he would rather die, he had already known no one cared. He was happy for Jason, he was more of a leader than Percy ever had been. Just then Percy saw movement in the corner of his eye--whatever it had been, it was huge. The familiar scent of a hellhound reached his nose, or maybe he was hallucinating? He shook his head. "Go ahead. Eat me. I'm free meat, right?" Just then the hellhound came into view. Percy had to blink a few times to make sure what he was seeing was legit. "M...Mrs. O'Leary?!" The hound whimpers and sits in front of Percy. She licks his bloody fingers. "I've missed you, girl." He says before coughing some more. It took him a while to catch his breath in all honesty. "Can you do me a favour though?" The dog makes a gesture as if it were nodding. "T..tell Uncle Hades to tell everyone that I'm sorry that I've never been enough..and..." He takes in a shaky breath, "and that I'm f-fine and not to worry?" Great. Now even lying was hard to do. The dog licks him again as if a gesture to say, "I'll be back soon enough. Mrs. O'Leary disappeared into a shadow. How long until this kills me?
Were Percy's last thoughts before everything went black.

(A/N: Hey guys.
So. Ta freaking da.
I'm sorry I'm so negative atm....Just...a lot of stuff is going on. I'm trying, I promise, but this is so hard.....
Ugh.
Anyway I hope you like it and I'll try to think of more ideas for this story..
I want you all to know though...People care about you...okay? No matter how...bad you think you are..or how much of a fuck up.. If life is treating you badly then I'm so sorry...I would take it and let you be happy if I could..
Anyway. It might be another while before I update again, but aye. I'll update soonish maybe.

Stay strong, I've learned that rain is cold and unwelcoming at present time, but it makes beautiful things grow in the future...

And the night is always darkest before the dawn.

~Read~
~Vote~
~comment~
~eat cake~

-Dream_rider Out