In Hiding

This chapter is v short, but its a build up for the next long chapter. please enjoy!!

Deku's pov

No. I'm not letting him get away. He will hurt more innocent people if I lose him now.

I jump up from my seat and begin to chase after the hooded man. I bump into several people, but I manage to keep track of him.

If I can keep enough distance between us, he won't even notice me.

Following Shigaraki through the crowd, I see a couple of my classmates in the distance, cheerfully picking out swimwear. I could just ignore the villian and walk over to them right now, pretend like it never even happened.  I clench my fist.

But I can't, how am I supposed to be a hero if I can't even stop a villain?

I continue pursuit, and soon find myself outside of the mall, about twenty feet behind Shigaraki. I follow him down several blocks, until he makes a left turn into a side street. A reckless idea pops into my head.

No that's so stupid, I'm going to get myself killed!

Before I can continue my train of thought, I find myself running towards him.

What am I even doing!?

I feel One For All's power coursing through my veins and flooding into my legs. I leap forward, my legs cracking as I plummet straight into Shigaraki. We both crash towards the ground in a tangled messed.

I inhale sharply as I try to get up. Both of my legs are broken from using my quirk. I try to roll myself off of Shigaraki's legs, but a strong hand pulls me up by the back of my shirt.

"You really are an idiot." Shigaraki hissed.

I turn to face the blue haired man, and my heart stops in fear when I look into his eyes. I can feel his hatred towards heroes burning from his eyes. Hatred that burns red with blood.

I am hoisted up wards to a standing position, but I immediately cry out in pain.

"M-my legs are broken!" I say, trying to hold back the tears.

He merely shrugs before bending down and tossing me over his shoulder. I start banging my fists on his back.

"LET GO-"

"Now, now Deku." he applies pressure on my broken limb. "I don't want to have to leave you here in the middle of the road to suffer?" Shigaraki pauses, and turns his head to look at me. His eyes are alight and a devilish grin is on his face. "Unless...that's what you want?"

I grit my teeth and shake my head no. He breaks out into laughter.

"Good."