Night 013

“What the hell are we doing here, Alfonso?”

I looked around me and I can’t help but cringe at the sight. Why am I being surrendered with balloon hearts and red roses and pink chairs?

“We’re here to date.” Then he winked at me.

I could suddenly feel my face heating up.

“What?” I tried asking calmly even though there are currently a thousand horses running inside my stomach.

He looked at me as if I’ve grown three heads. “Don’t you know what dating means? Two people going out, dining somewhere---”

I kicked off his feet below the table. “I know what “dating” means dumbass,” I air quoted. “What I’m asking is why? And why here in a freaking dating booth?”

“You’re really funny tonight, Marg!” he suddenly laughed. “You think…pfft…you really think this is a real date?”

I should have known. Of course, Marg. Why would he date someone like you?

We became silent for a moment. I tried giving an awkward laugh but I stopped it ‘cause it just made the atmosphere more uncomfortable.

Then his expression changed into a serious one. “You think so low of yourself, Marg. If I’m going to ask you out on a real date, I will take you to a more interesting place than this.”

Damn you, Esquivel. Stop making me feel things!

I know I would only stutter if I tried to speak so I just gave him a death glare and because he is Alfonso, he just laughed at me.

Good thing, the waiter came to our table.

“Are you ready to order, Ma’am and Sir?”

Alfonso was the one who ordered for the both of us. After the waiter verified our order, he left our table and once again, we are alone.

“Seriously, Alfonso? Why are we in a dating booth?”

He smiled. “You have to complete the stub, right? That’s why we are here.”

It was like a slap of reality. Of course. Why would he even take me here? He doesn’t even like me and I don’t like him, right?

Instead of sulking, I managed to throw him a teasing glance. “I didn’t take you as “dating booth” kind of guy, Esquivel. There are a lot of activities out there y’know. But maybe, just maybe, do you like pink that much?”

“I’m not gay!”

It was my turn to make fun of him. “Hey, I’m not saying anything about you being a gay! Why are you being so defensive?”

“But that’s what you’re insinuating,” he pointed out.

“Oh my gosh, you are imagining things I didn’t say!”

He shook his head in surrender. “Whatever makes you happy, Marg.”

When the food arrived, both of us went speechless. I can already feel my face heating up just by looking at our order. And I am pretty sure Alfonso is too, he can’t even look at me straight.
They just served us a single drink with a lover’s straw in it! I am definitely sure that we ordered two different drinks and here they are serving us one drink only.

We tried ordering for another drink but the waiter turned us down saying it’s their policy. Policy their ass, they charged us for two drinks!

Alfonso moved the orange juice towards me. “It’s yours.”