Night 016

I avoided the rooftop. Actually no, it’s not the place that I don’t wanna see.

It’s him.

It’s such a childish act, I’m well aware of that. But what can I do? I just can’t face him why I am being like this! While I’m being not my usual self, this is so not Margaret Santua!

Me being jealous? That word is never in my dictionary.

Aside from Alfonso, there are other things in my mind right now. Yes, surprise, I have other matters at hand. I may not seem like a busy person right now, believe me, years ago I was so busy I can’t even eat on time.

I’m in my unit right now. Yes, I am such a coward so I have no other place to go to but my own pad.

Sighing, I got up from the sofa and went straight to my ref. I was so relieved when I saw two cans of beer inside. A pack of boy bawang was also waving at me so I grabbed it along with the cans.

I just got home from my part-time job at the café. Our manager scolded me a while ago because I served the wrong coffee. Apparently, the customer ordered Iced Americano and I gave him a triple shot espresso.

I know, I know. The story sounds familiar. It’s the stupid thing I did with Alfonso’s order before when he visited me in the café.

God, I should stop thinking about the guy!

So as I was saying, I was so disoriented that I kept making mistakes at the café earlier. Again, making mistakes is so no Maragaret Santua! My manager was telling me that I was not in my usual self and since this is the first time, she’s letting me went home an hour early.

I opened the beer and gulped from it. The bitterness really doesn’t go away, I was just so used to it that I don’t care anymore whatever it tastes.

I don’t know why, I am so bothered by what and who I saw earlier in the parking lot. 

I cannot be mistaken. It was her. And another thing that confuses the hell out of me is…why she is with Alfonso? Do they know each other? How the heck do they know each other?

Is she also the girl Alfonso’s with when he stood me up on our supposed lunch together? I kept on replaying the scene on my mind, but I realized that I wasn’t able to get a good look on the girl’s face because jealousy took over my system.

I was in the middle of drinking when I heard the doorbell. My forehead automatically creased. I was not expecting anyone at this hour.

Because the white screen that captures whoever is outside my unit is currently not functioning, I just swinged my door open without knowing who might be on the other side. I was stoned when I saw who it was. I kept on staring at her yet it doesn’t seem real.

Why? I wouldn’t go here if I were her.

“Are you just going to stand there?” she asked.

Fuck, she’s real.

Her eyebrow rose. “What? Am I not welcome anymore?”

I just can’t speak. I don’t know what to say. So I did what I did without thinking, I immeditaly launched myself to her and hugged her so tight that I could feel her own heartbeat.

I miss my bestfriend so much.

“I get it, Marg. You miss me so much but you don’t have to suffocate me!” she complained while smiling widely at me.

I gulped to prevent myself from shedding tears. I gave her my sincerest smile.

She just laughed when she saw me struggling to keep my tears to myself. Lyra, my bestfriend, oh how I missed calling her that, she snaked her arms around my waist as we entered my pad.