Night 015

The week had passed so quickly I did not even notice it was time for me to go home already. It was our first time celebrating Christmas and New Year without my brother. It felt so different ‘because he’s our family’s happy pill.

Still…we tried our best to be happy for my Kuya. I know he would have hit us in the heads if he sees us being sad during Christmas. It was his favorite time of the year and not because he was religious or something.

That guy loves Christmas because of lechon! That glutton! He would always eat the crispy skin of the pig more than the meat itself.

I know I’m so stupid for waiting for my best friend’s greeting during those two special holidays. It’s just that I’m used to her greetings, but I guess everything have changed now.

On the brighter side, Alfonso texted me! I was so shocked when I received a text from him during the Noche Buena because I don’t really perceive him as someone who would do that. He even sent me a picture of him and his mom together.

Alfonso’s mom looks so soft and gentle. I can’t help but curse his father on my mind because he is such a fool for hurting that kind of woman.

A minute after 2019 has arrived, Alfonso called and requested for a video call. Imagine my shock that time because we’re not really texting and video-calling each other. That was actually the first time!

I was so nervous that I accidentally tapped the decline button. Stupid me, I know!

Good thing, he called again and this time, the horses on my stomach has already calmed down so I successfully tapped the accept button.

I was so shocked by how good he looks on the screen of my phone. Gosh, I remember me not talking for like a whole minute because I was speechless. And of course, Alfonso being Alfonso…

[flashback starts]

“Tsk,” he shook his head a bit. “I should really thank my mom for bringing a handsome son in this world, so handsome I could render Marg speechless.”

Even on the phone, he’s still as arrogant as ever.

“Whatever,” I deadpanned. “Tell your mom Happy New Year.”

I almost lost a grip of my phone when he suddenly pouted. His face was so close I could see his eyes and lips so well!

“What about me, Marg? No greetings?”

“Fine. Happy New Year to the most arrogant person in the world.”

He laughed. Oh goodness, I hate how his laugh even sounded good on the phone!

“Happy New Year to my number one fan, Margaret Santua.”

I rolled my eyes. “Correction. I’m your number one hater.”

He ignored my response and suddenly shifted the phone away from his face. Based on how shaky the camera is, I guess he is currently walking.

Seconds later and the camera focused on a plate. I gasped when I saw what’s in there! It’s caldereta!

“Like what you’re seeing?”he asked.

“Of course, idiot! I told you that’s one of my favorites!”

He then focused the camera on his phone and I saw him getting a spoonful of caldereta and he moved it towards his phone, “You want?”

I glared at him. This guy sure knows how to make me hungry!