Chapter 2

"I'm happy for you, Kichi. I knew you would get in, you dork." Kokichi's childhood best friend, Rantaro, said as he reached his hand over to ruffle Kokichi's deep, black hair.  Kokichi flushed with embarrassment, but he felt a tinge proud of himself. He had taken the first step forward to becoming someone worth existing.  

"Which shitty trinket did you get? I got the cat Monokuma rip off from season 7." Kaede muttered, holding up the tiny plastic charm. It was Ryouchi, the sly cat taking the place of Monokuma for that particular season. Its monochrome eyes glistened in the bright October sun. 

Kokichi shyly lifted his charm up, afraid that if he exposed it for even a second it would leave his grasp. "I-I got Monokuma! I'm pretty sure he can split apart, too! I'm s-so happy I have a chance to be w-with my friends." Kokichi exclaimed softly, bringing the charm close to his heart. This was his chance. 

"I think all of ours do, you dumbass. Saihara Kun said we should wait for you to get yours. That boy has a lot of faith in a twink like you."  Kaede scoffed, shoving her charm into her messenger bag. 

Speaking of Saihara Kun...Kokichi looked to his sides. Where's Saihara Kun..? He's usually here during lunch... Kokichi frowned. He carefully put his charm in his bag and placed his Polaroid camera around his neck. Finally, he grabbed his sketchbook. I can't have anyone looking through my things, not even my friends... Kokichi thought with finality.

"I'm going to go l-look for Saihara Kun... I'll be back..." Kokichi stated, getting up from his position against the cherry blossom tree. 

"Hmm... do you want me to go with you?" Rantaro said with a frown. He hated it when Kokichi wandered around the halls alone. He knows what happens when they catch the poor boy off guard...

"No, I'll be ok. Thank you Rantaro..." Kokichi said, a slight unsure smile on his face. Kaede raised her eyebrow but quickly averted her attention to her phone. 

Kokichi wandered the mostly emptied halls, only passing by the occasional group of friends, all of which ignored Kokichi. He held his sketchbook close to his chest as he walked. Suddenly stumbled across the library. Peeking inside, he saw Saihara Kun stacking... books? Kokichi watched him for a second... his concentrated face, his pretty golden eyes. His hat obscured his face just enough to cast shade across his face. He's so pretty... who've known I'd stumble across such a beautiful frame?

Kokichi knew it was wrong. He shouldn't be stalking his best friend like this. But he couldn't help it. Something drew him to the raven-haired boy. He walked closer, hoping to observe him for just a little longer. To breathe in his aura for just a little longer. As he snuck closer, his foot hit something and he tumbled downwards.  

Suddenly, panic.

 As soon as his body collided with the floor with a horrible thump and his camera jammed into his ribsHe knew.  His Quickly, he scrambled to collect his things, but Saihara noticed. 

"Ouma Kun?! Are you ok?!" Saihara says, quickly scrambling to the shorter boys aid. "Here, uhm, let me help you-"

"NO- no don't-" Kokichi exclaimed in fear, quickly trying to cover his things, but it was too late. Saihara had gotten ahold of his pictures that fell out of his sketchbook. Saihara looked at them in disbelief. He didn't make a sound. They were pictures of him. All of them, pictures of Saihara changing, studying, listening to music, watching Danganronpa and finally, a picture of the two of them. Kokichi had taken the picture while they were hanging out on his bed. Kokichi had given an awkward peace sign while he smiled shyly. Saihara had held up his hands, both making peace signs. He had smiled subtly, a small blush on his pale features.that was Kokichi's favorite.